3.New Journey

Hi Guys.. Thank you for such a goos response. Here is the next part of the story.

She hurriedly went inside the washroom, she knew what she said was meant to be but somewhere her heart engulfed in the fear. She glanced at her, dressed in the wedding attire, her parted hair filled with a color now and her neck has a string which now denotes her dignity, her life has a name which belongs to someone else now. She quickly changed herself in a simple night dress and held the knob of the door.

She grasped the knob of the door tightly and had taken a shaky breath stabling her composure before slipping out the washroom. Though she was trying hard to appear confident and less nervous but inside her heart she knew how much it was difficult for her to prepare herself for whatever was coming in her way after all she was going to share a bed with her husband she was going to spent the first night under the same roof with her husband who wasn't less than a stranger for her.She going to let someone share her most inner space of her life who is nothing but complete stranger to her. She finally came out from the washroom, her bangles were making little sound making him aware she was back. She had sucked in a sharp breath tying the straps of her nightgown tilting her head to give look to the person who is now her husband. She looked at him who seemed to be totally unaware of her presence typing something on her laptop and his eyelids were fixed on the screen. It seems the thing on the laptop is more interesting than making the environment comfortable for her.

She thought for a while was he really engrossed in the work or was he pretending to ignore her presence she didn't know? But it irritated her to see him acting like an arrogant, rude person. Who on earth treat his wife like this, though situation they are put in different but still one has a responsibility to be called, but he didn't even have bothered to look at her side when she slowly took long strides and finally taking a deep breath approached towards the bed. Not seeing any single reaction from his side she slowly sunk down at the edge clutching her fingers in her hands tightly.

Kartik on the other hand was fully aware when she came out of the washroom, somewhere he too wanted to talk it out, he neither wanted to have any kind of an argument especially with the person he is going to spend life with.. He had felt the movement on the bed as the mattress pressed, he glanced at her from the corner of his eyes but didn't make any movement and pretended to work on something important in the laptop. He knew she had joined him on the bed but he couldn't muster the courage to tilt his neck and look at her, as much his eyes can move around gave him the glance of her joining the bed.

She had let her hands down to her sides when he had finally thought to give look to her, feeling an awkward silence in the room, he closed the lid of the laptop, and keeping it aside turned his gaze to look at her.

She startled a bit and felt her heart leap in her chest to feel his gaze and despite all the preparation she has done to appear calm and strong she felt nervous and had sucked in a breath, yet she can't show she is scared like a kitten.

"Hmm" he had cleaned his throat before parting his lips to face this awkward condition, he looked at her and could see the lines of uneasiness in her face though she was trying hard to cover it with the taut mask of confidence but she was a girl and he had sensed her awkwardness to share a room with him surely he was her husband , but how could he forget that he was like a stranger to her and it wasn't easy for her to trust him isn't same the situation for him as well. He thought to make it little comfortable, he had already done the little argument part back few moments and do not want the whole night and rest of the days goes in the stupid kind of the discussion.

He spoke with the soft yet with non-offensive voice, well that;s what he thought though, "Naira, I know this is all new for you, in fact it's all new for me as well...If you feel hesitant---you know... to-- to...to share room with me or share bed with me you can tell me I won't mind to shift into another room"