10. Caring for You

Hi Guys.. Here I am back with another chapter.

New days always bring new wishes, new hopes and sometimes happiness and a positive hope.

After 2 Days

Karti was working in his office typing the mails to the light speed and sending the draft to his legal team for the cross check. He gave a quick, just a casual lazy glance to his wristwatch and then a realization teased the corners of his mind, "it's quite late"

He took a deep breath closing the files and then the lid of his laptop, a hot pain lanced through the back of his skull, and a gasp of pain erupted his lips, he has worked on some files since the afternoon without taking a break and now he was feeling really exhausted and tired. He ran his fingers in his hair, recalling how the other day two fingers eased out his pain, he groaned in frustration more when it dawned to him than beside so much work he had, all this today for the first time after marriage he was going home quite late night, like really late else he had made sure to reach home by the evening or till late evening . The instant thought came in his mind ," Naira must be worried for me, I didn't even inform her..".

A sudden thought hit the most sensitive part of his heart but it also brought a slight smile that touched the corners of his lips. His mind shook him to expecting too much from the life," You're expecting too much Mr.Kartik Goenka she isn't your lover or you both aren't like a lovey-dovey couple so she would get angry at you for coming late at home or ask for your well being on the phone, you are married to her, yes she is wife yet you both are not close to each other to care for.. But still deep down you feel if she could. Will she ever have that feeling to care for you...?." He shrugged his these thoughts as they were creating the expectations and then crushing them but still he couldn't control his heart to wish for this dream to be true, wish that he too have someone in life to care for him.

Well, he just for a minute that a sudden sound of an upcoming call caught his attention, his eyes flushed with the slight shock to see her name flashing on the screen and it took his breath for a moment, his heart flapped as his dream was coming true. He picked the phone and before he could say something a voice hit his ear drums

"Kartik ---where are you? You didn't inform me you won't back home at time I'm worried for you"

Her soft, feminine husky voice filled with worry came from the other side o =d the phone and he could imagine the lines of panic on her forehead and the slight anger in those deep eyes. He felt his voice stuck in his throat for a minute to feel the strange wave of emotions rushed through his veins, he couldn't confess to even himself how he felt at that time but it felt like he was seeing some dream, a beautiful dream that his life had offered him and he didn't want to open his eyes as he feared what if someone snatched his dreams or what if they broke but---but still he wanted to feel those strange emotions and wanted to pour them in his heart.

"Kartik, are you there?"

Her worried yet slow voice brought him back to his trance of thoughts and he jerked himself coming out of his thoughts with the slight flicker of his eyes, he realized she was waiting for an answer, his heart says this is not a dream. Indeed Life has shown some mercy on him and has sent someone to take care of him, his loneliness. He replied

"Hun! Yeah I'm here I'm fine--it's just I was so engrossed in work so didn't realize I got late to go back home"

He sucked in a deep breath trying to cover up the emotion in his voice, he don't want to be vulnerable in front of her at least not in the phone, after he said he heard her sigh of relief but her next word amazed him once again, "You should've informed me about your late arrival but you don't care about others"