22. Along with you

New Chapter:

'He is going for a week', the same line she had been rewound in her mind thousandths of time from the morning and every time a prickling uneasy feeling touching her heart, the emptiness, the longing she was feeling in her heart just to think about his absence for a week she hadn't felt before. She has spent part of her life living in loneliness after her parent's death but now she doesn't want to be alone. She didn't want him to leave her even for a moment. A long tear trickled and fell on her cheeks.

*************

Kartik finally attended the long call from his office and gave them instructions he kept back his cell phone on the table. He closed the lid after sending a few important Emails and let out a sigh of relief "I almost did my work" He murmured in breath giving a quick glance to all the bundles of files and his stuff that he had been packed except his clothes.

'Where is Naira?its been hour before she went to pack my clothes'

A frisson of apprehension ran down into his spine as the thought hit with his brain, he abruptly stood and strode out the sitting room in just few long strides, taking a breath of uneasiness, He pushed opened the door and ushered himself inside giving a quick glance around to get her glimpse but she was nowhere to be seen. A prickle of uneasiness ran down his spine and he turned his gaze towards the balcony door and then let out the breath guessing she must be there.

A notorious smile kicked up the corner of his mouth as he saw her standing there, her hairs were flowing with the air touching her shoulders, unaware of his presence she was lost in her thoughts and Kartik had taken advantage of the moment and taking a few short strides he reached at her side and then very carefully he slid his arm around her back, She felt the heat of his hands linger on her waist and her moan died in her throat, Kartik pulled her tight against his chest nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck and she sucked deeply, Something wet fell on his hand and a frisson of concern down his spine, pulling back he touched her shoulder turning around her towards him he lifted her chin with his finger and the gasp of uneasiness slipped out his lips.

"Naira!"

He banished the trickling tears from her cheek with the pad of his thumb and cupped her cheek to make her look into his eyes, "What happened sweetheart? Did I hurt you or have I done something that hurt you?"His words choked suddenly with a rising lump in his throat and she nodded her head, sniffed and then let out a sob, Kartik's heart clenched into fist to see some unshed tears in her puffy eyes.

He leaned and gave her a quick kiss in desperation; he pulled and gasped to catch his breath

Her eyes were tightly closed though tears still crept between the lids, and her face still wet. "Naira! What happened?"

He asked with desperation in his tone and she finally stared back at him with her blurry eyes.

"Kartik don't leave me alone"

Her face was a pale, her eyes were wide and pleading and Kartik gasped regarding her with a startling look, trying to comprehension the meaning of her sudden behavior but he couldn't guess anything, struggling to stable his composure he slid his fingers around her cheek and stared back intently stroking to calm her.

"Naira,I'm just going for a week"

"But I don't want you to go",She gulped back the tears and Kartik tried to appear composed but the thought of her in pain distressed him sorely. He didn't know why she was behaving like a desperate child who fears to lose something important, she hadn't behaved like that before, he had always admired her courage, her faith in herself but today he found her so vulnerable.The fear, the anguish in her voice was the evidence of that turmoil she was going through.