12. Taking a Step ahead

Hi Guys.. sorry for delay I wasn't well enough to right. I am still not well but I have written few words. Pardon for the short update.

Next Day

Kartik turned when his hand collided with a small yet soft material, he slowly opened his eyes to find, his palm was resting on Naira's cheek. The early morning dew, she was looking utterly cute while sleeping his heart sents a signal to kiss those little fluffy cute cheeks but he then controlled himself.

How much he tried to deny she really attracts him towards her not because of her beauty but because of her nature, her pure innocence. He slowly caressed her cheek and went away from there before he could loose the control did any blunder. Though yes, his mind objected the kissing your wife is not a blunder but then not taking her consent is and he won't do anything that doesn't involve her consent.

Hugging her bye he left to the office, while Naira was all smiles she felt so good in the morning, though she wanted him when she openes her eyes but still his warmth was enough for her. She felt their relationship progressing and want to move ahead yeas, still her heart shivers in moving ahead but then when Kartik's face flashes infront of her her heart settles down.

Kartik came home in the evening and this time he was greeted by Naira in a form of hug and yes ofcourse a smile. He too can feel she has started accepting the little change in their relation and he felt happy at her comfort. After their dinner he went towards the study, there was so much work and he wanted to finish his all pending work on different projects, some files that had needed to be checked and signed by him but still there was some pending work to be done. He let out the sigh of tiredness and sank down on the sofa grabbing out his laptop from the small cupboard and some files.

"It seems you're having lots of pending work? "

Her voice distracted him and he lifted up his gaze at her and what he felt in her eyes, in his face was enough to disturbed his already fluttered heart she was concerned for him. She entered the room to see him engrossed and tired with the work.

"Yup! there is some work that needs to be completed soon" he replied back with the glimpse of tiredness in his voice and she understood it was the load of work that was visible on his handsome features, She shrugged herself at her openly admiring stare to him and then gulped consciously feeling revealed as he didn't notice her a brief stare.

For a brief moment a frown appeared on his forehead that she caught quickly, "Kartik can I help you in your work?", She bluntly offered and then bit her lip for her slip of tongue, a surprising expressions flitted across his cheek but then seeing the flush of her cheeks he controlled his desire to not to smile at this most generous and heart welcome offer

"If you want", He had given her smile and dragged his body in one side to give her space to sit comfortably on the same couch, she hesitated before sinking into the soft, silky couch but then sat beside him.

"Though I don't know much about the business and accounting but I'll try to help you ", She spoke sincerely and he had tilted his head to give her a brief look she had taken the admiration of his eyes-He had never given so keen, so admiring, deeply look to any woman before but this girl..his wife wasn't like any other woman she was special for him so her every word every action was special, different from any other woman he ever met or seen in his life.

She gasped at his intense stare, "just sit beside me nothing wants more"

His voice was holding a serious, too deep note that she had heard the loud thud of her heart to stare back at his handsome face that was some inches away from her. He sucked an unsteady breath at the continuous beating of his heart, feeling embarrassed at his deep stare he turned back his attention towards the laptop screen and she nervously adjusted herself beside him making as much distance between their bodies as she could though he felt disappointed the way she was reacting at their intimacy but he could understand her dilemma, her nervousness.

"Ermm Which important project you were talking about yesterday morning?"

Breaking the silence this time she took initiative to encourage him and he gave her a smile turning his eyes, "Actually we are going to introduce a new product in the market though we have strong sponsorship but as it's a huge project so---I'm bit nervous"

He admitted sincerely, his face was reflecting what he just said he was looking nervous and panic from the past few days she had noticed but couldn't get courage to ask him. "Ermm actually I always feel nervous whenever I do something new"

He let out a breath of panic .He didn't know why he was admitting in front of her that he was always hesitant to admit even himself and looked at her face who was still silent observing his each expression. She didn't break the eye contact parting her lips.

"Life isn't always giving us what we expect, it always gives us challenges, gives us tasks that we don't want to do as it wants to see how we overcome that challenge. You shouldn't be nervous."

She had paused before meeting deeply with his gaze, "I trust you, and I know you can overcome every challenge ' you are an honest person and you should have faith in your ability, your strength"

His eyes admired her openly; he didn't know the girl whom he married was so strong, had so much spirit to accept every challenge, every turn of life with strength. Naira stared Kartik with her long lashes letting out the breath of nervousness, too late she realized her slip of the tongue, realizing what she just confessed to him, her cheeks flushed with the unfamiliar shyness to see the intensity of his eyes, smile had touched his lips and he deliberately moved his hand to remove aside the strand of her hair and felt the slight shudder of her body in response

"I always feel nervous to overcome every new challenge of my life as I was alone but now I won't fear of any new turn of my life, any new challenge of the life because as I know there is someone who is always here to give me strength"

Her heart had leaped fast realizing his words were for her, "Will you become my strength?"

He had looked deeply into her eyes and she had seen the desperation in his eyes to hear her reply.

"I'll"

She hadn't taken too much time to think as she knew what she had to say. He was her companion and her husband.

A content smile had touched his lips, raising a great urge in his heart to pull her in his arms, kiss her innocent face and savor what life had offered him. This time he didn't hesitate a bit to show his emotions, not at that moment when he boldly slipped his arm around her and leaned to kiss her forehead.

** Hope you guys would like it..**

Please vote and comment