14. The Dinner

Hi Guys, I am here with another update. I am so much overwhelm with the response. Your comments does really really amazing. I mean I can't thank you enough. I felt like you guys can connect to the story I am just so happy with that.

Kartik and Naira entered the hotel and greeted their business associates few of them were quiet oldies so they blessed Naira.

Sitting with all of them on a long table, there was the round of drink going on, where wives and husbands were taking a little shot. Kartik though don't drink but in such parties he too take a peg or a glass but knowing Naira is completely unaware of all this and moreover she doesn't drink he refused the offer including Naira.

One of the elderly associates asked," What Happened Kartik.. you usually join us on the Drink.. not taking this time.."

Kartik refusing politely," No Mr. Kumar, I am good moreover I have to drive.."

Mr. Sinha: C'mon a 30 ml won't do harm plus the evening has just begun.

Kartik was really short of words but  his heart straightforwardly send him the signal to deny his offer, he looked at Naira who was already taking time to register what's happening. But he has already decided, taking her hand in his he smiled to her and replied them," I am sorry Sir.. but here I will accompanying my wife.."

Mr Kumar: Well done Boy.. by the way Mrs. Goenka..

Naira felt a wave of current pass through her spine, after their marriage its like after so long she was being addressed as Mrs. Goenka, " Mrs. Goenka", her heart flutter when she heard this name, she shows she belongs to a man who is her husband who is gem of all. A grill of rush flows down her body and she smiled to Mr. Kumar, tightening her grip on Kartik's palms," Yes Mr. Kumar.."

Mr Kumar: You are a lucky woman.. Kartik really works hard I must say

Looking to her husband who is being praised by one of the elderly member on the table she felt proud of him, she directly looked into Kartik's eyes and replied," I know.."

Mrs. Kumar: So, tell me how you both got married ?

That question actually took smile from their smiles, they got married was a blissful thing but how did they get was indeed a something they still trying to figure out Kartik took the charge and handle the situation

"Well, Mrs Kumar you can say I was been blessed by the god on one day that we met and got married soon..."

He softly caressed back of her palm with his thumb to sooth her nervousness and it helped her. They all were having dinner, when one of the person spoke," So Kartik.. are you sure .. you will able to handle the new project... I mean don't get me wrong.. you are newly married and we all know wives can get very cranky.. when their husband gives more time to work than them.. specially newly weds.." saying he laughed followed by others.

But it was indeed a mock to Kartik on his ability, and somewhere he hurt Naira as well, before Kartik could retort him, Naira spoke," Well, I have complete trust on my husband's capabilities. He is the best on what he picks up and I don't have a slightest doubt on his abilities and talent. I am blessed to be his life partner."

Kartik felt so proud how Naira backed him up he joined her pressing his fingers on her palm equally she was doing and said," And seriously.. she is my strength and I am blessed that she came in my life..."

Well the person was quiet shut as he was been shut by Kartik and Naira, they didn't realized but something was noticed by two pair of eyes.

Rest of the dinner went on a small dinner talks, everyone was bidding each other where everyone praised Kartik and his wife, when lastly Mr and Mrs. Kumar came. Mrs. Kumar placed a motherly hand on Naira's head and gave her packet," Here, This is for you.."