26. Preparing for his Birthday

Hi Guys.. here is the next chapter

Taking a long bath, dressed in casual wear she climbed down the stairs and walked towards the kitchen, as she stepped inside, she found Mrs.Garg preparing her breakfast. She turned around to sense her presence and suppressed a soft smile.

"Are you hungry?"

"Yes, I'm famished", Naira replied by moving a hand on her stomach like a child, it was a long day and she had to do lots of preparation before Kartik's return.A delicious breakfast was needed to give her energy. Mrs.Garg smile placing the cheese, butter, sandwiches, bacon biscuits, a cup of hot tea on the tray and turned towards her, "make yourself comfortable on the chair and I serve you your breakfast"

Taking just a few strides, Naira reached the dining room and sat on her chair, Mrs.Garg served her breakfast.

Naira ravished the delicious breakfast with the hot cup of tea,Mrs.Garg placed the empty cup and plates on the tray and when she was about to turn Naira called her back.

"Daughter, do you want something?"

She turned and found Naira standing a few steps away from her. "Yes, will you help me make Kartik's favorite food?"

She asked sweetly and Mrs.Garg smiled nodding her head. "yeah, sure come I'll tell you what he likes in food"

Mrs. Garg signaled Naira to join her and stepping close to her they both made their way towards the kitchen.

A whole day passed in the meetings and he couldn't get time to call her. He sighed tiringly, and twisted the key and turned the vehicles towards his home with a smile to think how she would react after seeing him for a long day.

"Daughter, everything is ready, you should go and get ready"

Mr. Garg tilted to look at Naira who had just finished decorating the table. Naira spoke, after giving the last glance to everything and suppressing a satisfied smile.

"Ok, but please will you give the last glance to the baking cake and muffin?"

Mrs.Garg touched her shoulder and smiled slightly, getting her attention.

"The whole day you have worked to make all these preparations, everything is excellent, don't worry, I'll check everything, you go and get ready for him"

Mrs.Garg's last words brought a color on her cheeks and she shyly lowered her eyes before lifting them again at her with the hint of gratitude.

"Thank you, for helping me, I couldn't do anything if you wouldn't have helped me"

She spoke with gratification, and taking Mrs.Garg's hand squeezed them slightly.Mr.Garg pressed her other hand over hers and smiled softly.

"No daughter, don't say thank you. It is you who have done everything I just helped you.GOD bless you and make you both happy"

She prayed and then leaned in a press soft kiss on Naira's forehead.

"Go and get ready,he would be so happy to see what you've done for him"

Naira nodded her head and turned to walk towards her room before giving a last glance of gratitude to Mrs. Garg which she replied with a smile.

She let out the gasp to see herself in the mirror,wearing the same dress she had worn on her wedding day,the vermilane around her neck,putting sindoor,She was looking a real wife a well grown woman to a young innocent girl.How much she had been changed, she just realized to see her reflection in the mirror, she could remember the day,when her uncle told her that he wanted her to marry with the son of his old friend and she knew she had to accept the proposal as there wasn't any way left for her,her uncle had his own family and she didn't want to be burden on him.