19. The Fight

Hi Guys.. here is the next chapter

The day had passed smoothly with the memories of their morning moments, he smiled shrugging his shoulders and slapped his mind to bring back his attention towards his work Although, he had been done his work for today but still he was waiting for his security to check the all files of new project and then informed him if anything is incomplete or need to be check as tomorrow they had to attend the final meeting about his new project.

"Sir May I come in"

"yes"

Kartik spoke in between checking some files and then lifted his eyes at her security who entered the room with the bundle of files.

"Sir these files need to be checked as they are incomplete ", She hesitated before placing them on the table in front of him.Kartik gave a quick glance to files and then regarded her with an angry glance.

"Why didn't you tell me before Where is Mr.Kabir it was his responsibility to complete and check these files?", He snorted shooting her an angry look and she gasped holding her breath for a moment before letting it out, "Sir Mr.Kabir is on holiday I thought you knew about it"

She stumbled on her feet gasping for air to look back at his angry glares, Kartik sucked in a sharp breath before taking a deep breath to calm his raising temper, he gasped and again lifted his gaze at her. "You know how much this project is important for me,for our company, and I don't want to lose it due to anyone's mistake", He spat but this time he had let his anger to came out a bit low than before, it wasn't his habit to spill out his anger on wrong person but today as he had decided to return back home soon to accompany his wife, to spend some good time with her was now looking almost impossible with the lots of pending or incomplete work in his hand, he sighed frustrating and regarded her with the stiff look, she looked down feeling embarrassed.

"I'm sorry sir,I won't do it in future"

He softened at her apologetic face and breathed out .There wasn't any other way left except to overcome this situation or was there? They had exchanged these files with the other company so they could check and work on them and it was necessary to complete all the file work today itself.

Naira had hoped Kartik would come back home at time as usual but it didn't happen, pacing restlessly across the room she lifted her head giving a glance to the clock, The chimes of the clock in the hall sounded the hour of Eleven. She sighed, sinking back onto the chair, her eyes travelling towards the food that had been almost cold. It isn't his habit to come late home at night. He must be busy with some important work. A thought across her mind and concern replaced irritation. Thoughtfully, she gazed at her mobile for some minutes and then finally grabbing it she dialed his number. It was the second time when the bell rang long and he didn't receive her call, she grew panicky to get no response from his side as he never did it before.

Kartik entered in his cabin after giving his secretary to instructions about some files and proceeded towards his chair and then with the swift motion sank onto it, Almost the half work had been done, he took a deep breath opening the lid of his laptop, a sharp pain hit his head and he sucked with pain, "This headache", he murmured and with the one hand he again closed the lid of laptop, moving his fingers on his forehead he closed his eyes for a moment try to soothe his pain when the sudden ringing bell on his cell phone took his attention and he grabbed it in irritation raising his hand without giving glance to the screen.

Naira sighed with relief when he finally received her call, "Kartik! Where are you?Why didn't you receive my call? Are you all right? You know it's almost 15 past 11-----"

"Will you stop blabbering and hear me? I'm not irresponsible man it's just I'm hell busy in my work", A sharp pain hit his forehead again and he spat irritatingly moving his fingers on his forehead, A quickly soft vanishing smile was Naira's response before Kartik's words penetrating in her ears, a lump of hurt rose in her throat and she swallowed to spill out her words, "I'm sorry I'm sorry ", Naira fought her tears and gasped for breath

As the pain dismissed from his head he realized what his tongue had spilled out, he sucked in a rising guilt as sanity returned back.

"I was panicking for you-sorry if I disturbed you", Her voice was low like a whisper but he could feel the hurt in her voice and he cursed himself for his bad temper, he tried to speak a word but before his lips could move she had disconnected the call. He gulped the lump and then let out the uneasy breath he never thought to end this day with this argument. It was his fault how could he speak to her in that harsh tone it wasn't her fault if he was busy in his works he was upset for him she is his wife and she has every right to question him she has every right to wait for him how could he spill out his irritation, his anger, his frustration on his wife?'

He took a long breath before taking his face in his hand, the whole day he was dreaming about her, the whole day he was waiting for the moment when he returned home close to her. He dreamed of kissing her, to tell her how much he missed her when he would take her in his arms but he had spoiled everything with his own hands. With the heavy weight on his heart he started again his work but his mind was somewhere else.

Naira stood alone in her balcony, bathed and changed into her night dress,from the past half an hour she was struggling to remove the hurt that his words had given her from her mind but she couldn't. A cold night air touched and caressed her skin and her arms hugged her slender waist as if they sought to replace his husband's embrace which she experienced in the morning. Sighing, Naira returned back to the room and sank onto the couch, sleep was far away from her eyes, she lifted her eyes and unwillingly they moved towards the clock, "12:15 am"

She murmured angrily trying to shy away his thought from her mind but again concern overtook her, "Why did he engross himself in too much work? Why he doesn't say his employs to do their work properly, it has become his habit to take burden of work his priority should be his wife not his work"

She mumbled in frustration and a new wave of anger rushed into her veins remembering his harsh tone ,"He doesn't need my concern so be it", She spat angrily to herself closing her eyes stubbornly trying to shrug all disturbing thoughts.

A few minutes Past and Her eyelids getting heavy with the need of sleep, it was a busy day for her , the whole day she made plans to make this evening beautiful for him, she prepared food for him, she made herself ready with the effort so he would appreciate it but he even didn't encourage her concern for him. Fighting with her emotions, her feelings she didn't know when sleep overtook her.

It was almost forty five past twelve on the clock when he stepped inside the house; he used duplicate keys for opening the door, climbing the stairs he straight went to his room in hope to see her awake, he stepped inside the room and then keeping his bag aside on the floor gave a quick look to the room and then let out the breath of disappointment when he saw her sleeping on the couch. The whole way returns to the home he had summoned all his determination to speak and ask her forgiveness for his harsh words. As he wanted to end this day the way it had started but how could he blame her it was his fault and now he had to face consequences of his deed.

He took another unsteady breath and stepped near to the couch and then bending on his knees on the floor he raised his hand and touched her face, the deep lines of hurt, her tears-streaked face was evident of his rude behavior.

"I'm sorry Naira", He bent and kissed her forehead and then taking her in his arms led towards the bed, he adjusted the pillow under her head and then gave her coverlet, giving her another admiring glance he opened the armoire grabbing out his night clothes and then moved towards the washroom.

He slightly removed the cover and slipped inside the covers beside her, she startled in sleep as his arms slipped with infinite care about her, he smiled when she frowned and then smiled in her sleep as he pulled her closer to him taking her in his arms. His face brushed against her face and he inhaled her fragrance and then tracing his finger on her cheek to soothe the lines of hurt he leaned forward and kissed her cheek, "I'm sorry Naira,I promise I won't hurt you again I promise you I'll make you happy always" He promised and then gently he kissed her, urging her to wake as he spoke her name but she was in deep slumber. He sighed contentedly taking her in his arms and closing his eyes had let the sleep overtook him.

Here is the next part.. I hope you all would like the part.

Please vote and comment.