Chapter Nine

Ink's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ink, are you soulless?"

I had been afraid of those words for the longest time. I didn't want them to find out I was emotionless. But my secret was gone and my friends stared at me neither horror nor confusion was on their faces, just concern. I sighed. I knew what was coming. I may not completely remember what had happened, but I knew some of it. I remembered the screams of the creators and then the soft silence, but after that things became a blur of just white, I shivered. I thought harder and remembered the happiness I felt when I drank the paint in front of  Blue and Dream, the look on their faces was what had made me laugh that and the pure happiness I had just drank. I breathed. I didn't feel like I had before all the soreness had left my body, and the pains in my skull had subsided. That's good, but now I had something else to worry about.

"I..." I couldn't think of anything to say. No words could make this any better. And as soon as they knew the full truth they'd leave.

Probably
Yeah, they'd be better off without you.
They've gotten nothing down because of you
They could be fixing the Au's you couldn't instead of worrying about you and your dumb vials

I sighed, they were right. "It's a long story." I said, laying my head down on the table. I watched as Dream then sat down next to me as if waiting for me to go on. Blue did the same, sitting on the other side. I lifted my head, they weren't going to let this go, "I don't remember most of it. All I know is that I woke up one day without a soul, an Au, monsters, I had nothing. After that I just kind of sat there, in the middle of a white void. I don't know for how long, all I know it one day I had the paint of a creator dropped on me and I could feel. So I use those paints to feel. I don't have a soul. Nor do I have my own universe, or anything. Does that make sense?" I said and looked at them both. I expected them to be angry to walk out on me and not come back. Blue was holding his legs to his chest, while Dream stared at his hands.

"So those vials are your emotions?" Blue said. I nodded back.

"Without them you become what exactly?" Blue asked again.

"I'm guessing whatever I became a few minutes ago." This was what scared me the most. What had I done? Did I hurt someone? If so who? Would they ever forgive me? I must have done something wrong, since Blue and Dream were being so quiet.

"So you don't have a Papyrus?" Blue asked, sadly. I knew how much his Papyrus meant to him. I smiled, and answered a no. He then gave me a horrified look, but calmed himself down and now Dream finally spoke up.

"So those emotions next to those colors on you scarf are what you feel when drink them?" He asked. I nodded. I wondered what he was thinking, what both of them were thinking. So I did what I thought was logical.

"I'm sorry." I said. They both looked at me, with confused glances.

"What are you sorry for?" Blue asked, now I have him the confused look.

"Well... I mean..." I couldn't actually think of an answer.

"You didn't do anything wrong." Dream said, smiling. I felt my eyes change.

"Yeah, besides your still our friend. I the magnificent Blue wouldn't let down a friend, even if they are soulless." Blue said, with a wide grin. They aren't angry. Or upset. They didn't care. Felt felt Blue hug me and I was shocked. I had been worried about this for the longest time. When I should have told them. How I should have told them.

"I just wanna know, how did ya find out?" I asked. Blue looked at Dream.

"Huh...after you passed out, I checked your soul to see your HP, didn't know how low you were, but there wasn't anything there just the bar. Then after I went to Error's."

"Why did you go to Errors?" Blue asked, and to be honest I was wondering the same thing.

"So many Au's had gone down. He was the only one I thought could have done something like that."

"Did he?" This tI've it was me who asked, I immediately had stood up and was grabbing my brush when Blue pushed me down.

"No, he said it wasn't him. He told me he hadn't destroyed anything since Outertale. So I left and came back to find Blue here. Then when you started to zone out, and started talking about vials, we checked your scarf to see if you had written anything on it. I saw the list of colors next to emotions and I guess I filled in the cracks." Dream finished. I sighed, this wasn't the best way to tell them about this. We sat in silence for a while. Each of us thinking. I started to wonder about what Dream had said, if Error wasn't doing this to the Au's who was? What was? I thought about everything thing that had happened looking for some sort of clue. I found none. I just kept looking though. I couldn't let the balance too any more.

Dream's POV
I kept glancing over to Ink he, looked deep in thought. I was wondering if he was ok, I had never known Ink was soulless, it didn't really matter to me. He was still my friend. What was worrying me was the Au's and I knew it was probably worrying Ink, too. So many universe were gone and we still had no idea who was doing it. Everything had seemed to be fine, Error wasn't destroying much since the Truce and Ink had stopped creating so many universes. Of course Nightmare and his gang were still out there, it without the threat of Error, they had become easier to deal with. Don't get me wrong it was still a pain in the ass, tiring, and worrying. I just hope they lie low while all this is going own. I don't want my brother getting caught in one of the crumbling universes.

Blue's POV
I noticed Dream was glancing at Ink and then back at his hands so I had started to do the same. I will admit I was scared, but it was nothing the magnificent Blue couldn't handle, right? Why I was scared, well there were more then one reasons. One, I was afraid for Ink, he looked really tired, and before we had gotten those vials he looked like he was in a lot of pain. Two, although I didn't mind that Ink was soulless, I mean his still my friend and I would never let down a friend, it worried me. Healing magic doesn't work as well on soulless monsters. I had noticed that with Temmie, so what if Ink got hurt. (So I know that Temmie is supposed to be the Flowey of Underswap, that's why I had it sound like they were soulless) Three, I was worried about Papy, the three of us knew that universes were going down, but none of us knew why. I had been thinking of what would happen to my universe, to Papyrus, the human Chara, Alphys, Undyne, and Queen Toriel. I wanted to go home, and see them, see if them were okay but I knew it was better off of I stay. I needed to stay with Ink and Dream to find out what was going on. I just hope it's not to la- no it isn't to late and I know we'll figure it out. We are the Star sanses after all.

Woohoo, another one finished. Updates might get slower, but I will be updating. It's just the next few chapters aren't completely mapped out yet, I'm still working out the kinks. Plus I'm starting a new idea for another Errink book, that will have more ships like Dustberry. So anyway, hope you enjoyed and Bye.