Chapter Nineteen

This chapter holds a little bit of backstory for how I see Error and Ink. I'm sorry if ya don't like their backstory, but it needed to be this way for the book. I tried to make it somewhat canon, but well I needed to make it a little different. And I can't believe it but I reached number nine on the tag Ink for the time being! so thank you so much! Ok on with the story!

Error's POV

It had now been three more days since that meeting, and Ink still showed no signs of recovery except for a few points in his Hp. I was walking through the halls of Underhospital to get to his room, I had already memorized the route. I opened the door to his room, to find Ink still lying unconscious on his medical bed. Next to him though leaning on the wall across from him was Cross. Cross looked at me when I walked in, he showed no surprise on his face just concern for Ink. I walked over to the chair next to Inky and sat, I wasn't surprised to see Cross here. Dream and Blue came to visit Ink all the time. Blue would bring him tacos just in case he woke up, and Dream would replace the old vials in his sash, to new more colorful ones. However, I hadn't seen Cross anywhere in days, he wasn't even at that meeting for Sanses.

"I don't get it," Cross said, looking at me.

"whAt dO yoU meaN?" I said, raising my eyebrow (bone?).

" I mean you. I know why Dream and Blue would come, they've been friends for a while. And I get why Reaper and I would come, too. But why you? Why do you care about Ink? Aren't you supposed to hate each other?" Cross mumbled. I was surprised by this, not because of what he said, just that it had taken this long for someone to question it. I sighed, not wanting to tell him everything that had happened before.

"it's PerSonAl, cRosS." I said. He squinted at me trying to find what my expression was saying.

"what's that supposed to mean?" he questioned.

"nOt eVeryOne sTarts oUt as riVals." I said with a sigh. I glitched a little more than usual from thinking about me and Inky's past.

"Were...Were you two friends?" he asked, a little shocked. Is it really that shocking, that the Squid and I were friends? Wow. I slowly nodded, no use in trying to hide it now. I looked down at Ink, Sorry Inky.

"All riGht if yoU wAnna kNow, You haVe to ListeN tO tHe full stOry." I said, and he nodded. (I can't glitch out this part, sorry.) "huh...It started when I was in the Anti-void. I didn't know anyone. I didn't even know people could teleport to the Anti-void. I sat there, and I didn't mind the aloneness. Then Ink showed up one day. He couldn't understand why I liked it there. So he would come to visit each day, he'd hang around and we'd just sit and talk. He didn't like the Anti-void. He was afraid of it, the blankness, he never told me why though, but it didn't matter he'd come anyway. Eventually, we became friends after months of hanging out together, we traveled to Aus together. It..it was nice. But after a while universes started to collide, they'd be utterly destroyed. Then I realized something, a creator and destroyer can't be friends. So without telling Ink anything, I began to destroy universes. I stopped talking to him-"

"Why would you do that!" Cross yelled. I glared at him.

"I told you to listen to the whole story..." I paused, "We were both idiots back then, neither of us fully understood the balance, and neither of us fully understood the other. I mean I still don't understand why Ink wouldn't leave me alone in the Anti-void. Huh... When he finally found me destroying a universe, he tried to talk me out of it. Tried to convince me not to, but I didn't listen. I thought that if I didn't...eventually we all would be gone...Including Ink. So we fought. Ink tried to tell me that there was a way for creation to live without the destruction of so many people. And I...I tried to convince him that for creation to live destruction would too. So for years, we continued to fight both of us tried to find a way to understand and help the other. Soon, I met Nightmare and his gang and Ink met Dream and Blue, and we continued to fight. That happened for years until we reached the agreement of the truce. No more creation and no more destruction, at first Ink thought that the Creators might leave and he didn't want the world to be forgotten. So we agreed that the creators could build off old Aus but no more sudden creation. This time the universes we're in balance. Me and Ink started to hang out again. Even if there were a few arguments they were short-lived, huh... Well, there that's the story." Cross looked at me with shock in his eyes.

"wow. I never really questioned why you to fought. "

"yeAh wEll kNow Ya knOw." I said.

"So if the universes are in balance, why are they being destroyed?" Cross asked me.

"hoW aM I sUppoSed to kNow." I sighed, I really wish I did. I could help Ink more if I knew what was happening. I sat back down, not realizing I had stood up. I started to mess with my strings as I watched Ink.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Still Error's POV

Another day past with no sign of Ink waking up. This was day six of Ink being in his coma state. A few Aus had gone down overnight, so I wanted to check on him to see if he was ok. I walked through the halls of Underhospital it was still pretty early so not many monsters we're there. I opened the door to Ink's room, to find him in the same state as yesterday. Except he no longer had his scarf on, instead his neck was bandaged up. His scarf was lying on the table next to him along with some food in case he woke up. I sat down in the chair a placed my chin in my hands.

"coMe oN, iNk." I whispered, "yA gotta KeEp goInG."

I grabbed hold of his scarf off the table and held it in my hands. Without realizing it until afterward I replaced my own scarf with his. Wrapping the brown and tan scarf around my neck felt right. I sighed, it was early. After I had heard the news that Undersail and Revolutiontale fell, I wanted to come to check on Ink but I wasn't able because of the time. So I had told myself to come early in the morning. I fiddled with the end Ink's scarf. Tomorrow marked an entire week passing without any major sign of his recovery. It kind of felt hopeless. I sat there and waited, just allowing my thoughts to collect in my mind as the voices in my head where quiet.

"juSt hOld oN a liTtle wHile longEr iNk. PlEase." I whispered, hoping he'd hear me.