Chapter Seventeen

Cross 's POV

I had hopped through a portal, after Dream told me to go find Reaper. I wasn't surprised, Ink, Reaper and I are like brothers, if something happened to Ink he would definitely want to know. The only problem was I had no clue were to find him. He'd usually be doing his job, reaping souls or visiting Geno. Stars, when will the two just get together. I decided to stop first at Reapertale, it seemed like it was worth a shot. I ended up in a garden, full of flowers and trees. Life's garden most likely. I sighed and started to walk around looking for any sign of him, but Reaper has always been troublesome to find. I pull out my phone, might as well try to call him. I was about to press the button to call him when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Excuse me, but may I ask what you are doing here?" The voice said. I turned expecting a fight, on,y to find Life staring at me. The Toriel smiled, and waited for my answer.

"Um, I'm looking for someone." I said plainly, trying not to be to specific.

"Oh, well then might I be able to help?" She said.

"They are pretty hard to find. I'm sure you won't know where they are." I stated.

"Well, we won't know unless we try. What's their name?" She asked. I didn't know if I should tell her or not. So I paused, thinking of a good answer, before saying, "Reaper."

"Reaper? Well, I don't think I know them. What do they look like?" She asked. Of course, she didn't know him. I always forget that we're all Sans.

"Sorry, I think I gave you think wrong name. You'd know him as Sans." I said, she looked at me puzzled.

"Oh, well, I do know a Sans, but like you said, he is quite hard to find." She said, this wasn't really helping. I need to get back to Ink. I bit my nonexistent lip, I really wanted to go back to Ink and see if he had waken up yet. No. I need to tell Reaper. "I believe he'd be reaping right now. That always makes him hard to find. You are welcome to stay if you would like, or I could relay a message." She finished. I shook my head no, he needed to hear this from me.

"No. Just if he comes back, tell him I need to talk to him." I paused, walking away before adding, "immediately."

"Might I know your name? So I can tell him." She said, I turned.

"Sa-.." I cut myself off, "Cross." And then I teleported away.

I arrived in Aftertale, it was the only other place I could think to find him. I walked through the depressing,dark save screen until I finally heard voices.

"Oh come on Geno. Ya know-" I heard one voice say.

"Shut up!" Geno yelled, "there are children here!" Oh wow, what hell did Reaper do this time. I continued walking until I saw the green couch. Geno was sitting on it, and Frisk was a few feet away, eyes closed as always. Reaper was also there leaning on the back of the couch. When I came up he raised an eyebrow, most likely not knowing why I was here.

"Wow, Cross what the hell happed to you?" Reaper said, and Geno turned around his eyes widening when he saw me. Did I really look like shit?Most likely cause I'm so worried about Ink.
"Cross, when did you get here? And why are you here?" Geno said, probably suspecting me of coming to ruin what's left of his universe. 

"Reaper, we need to talk." I said quickly, desperately, ignoring Geno's question. Reaper's eyebrow raised even higher at this.

"What's wrong?" He said, confused.

I couldn't help what I said next, it had been building up since I got here, "it's Ink." Reapers eyes darkened showing no eye lights.

"What?" Geno said, "What's wrong with Ink?" I looked between Geno and Reaper.

"It's...it's hard to say. Just you need to come with me. Universes keep crumbling, and Ink can't keep up with it!" I heard a ping on my phone, and I looked, it was from Dream.

Dreamy: Where at UnderHospital, Ink's in room 507.
Dreamy: We can't see him yet though.

"Ink's in UnderHospital now." I said. Reaper's hand raised, and summoned a portal, to UnderHospital and I followed him through. We were then followed by Geno. (yes I know, Geno can't leave the save screen but for this book he can)

Error's POV

I was sitting in the lobby of UnderHospital with, Dream, Blue, Nightmare, Dust, Horror, Killer when Cross, Reaper and my brother walked through a portal. Geno came over to me and sat down. I hadn't seen him in a while, so this was an odd time to catch up.

"So..." Geno said.

"Hi" I stated. We sat in silence, all of us did. I was to worried about Ink to talk to anyone. They had taken him into a room after we explained the whole situation and now we were just waiting. I let out a glitched sigh. We had already waited about thirty minutes with no sign of someone to tell us anything. Killer went on his phone, soon followed by Horror. Dust was next to Blue, the two just couldn't be separated. Cross was next to Dream and Nightmare honestly looked like he didn't give a shit about anything that was happening. I placed my hands on the back off my head leaning forward, and closed my eyes.

So Glitchy, whatcha gonna do now.
What are you talking about.
What they mean is, if Ink's dead then we win.
Yeah, we can destroy again.
We won't have to worry about your stupid truce.
I grimaced at the voices, there are many reason I don't like them:
1). They are annoying, and never shut up.
2). If I don't do what they want they scream and shout at me until I do.
3). They're probably one of the reasons, I glitch so much
4). They're part of the damn fandom that makes me destroy. Yes, I exactly enjoy the destruction. From time to time it is rather fun, but I have also learned that this Truce has been nice. Having time to myself is nice. Being alone is nice. The anti-void is nice. Outertale was nice. Undernovela is nice. Chocolate is nice. The quiet is nice. The time off is nice. But most importantly Ink was nice.

Having Ink around was nice. Even if we would argue in Outertale, from time to time, he was rather fun to be around. I dare say I enjoyed hanging out with him, but now. I wonder if that all will stop. I sighed. I look around noticing a clock, it had been close to an hour and a half. Each minute I worried more, my thought being jumbled together.

Until, a small bunny monster came up to us.

"Excuse me, are you the monsters who brought in Ink Sans?" The small monster said. Blue jumped up, "Yes!"

"Oh good. Well then, hmm.." she paused, I looked over to the others, they were just as confused and worried as me. "Ok.. I'm glad to tell you that he is alive,but a lot of his bones are broken. Including 4 ribs, his two arms, and his skull. The crack in his skull reached down to his eye, meaning he will be temporarily blind if he wakes up. He is extremely weak right, because he can't handle all the changes that are happening this fast. The cuts on his arms, look self-inflicted, do any of you know why?"
We all stared at her, the tub of information that was just dropped on us was shocking, and I don't think any of us were ready for it.
"N-no we-e don't." Dream stuttered. Self-inflicted. Why would Ink do that? He was always so cheerful when we met up. Then something she said caught me off guard.

"YOu saiD iF inK wAkeS up wHaT's tHat suPposseD tO mEan?" I asked, nervous.

The bunny monster looked down at her feet, "your friend...is in a coma."