Chapter Twenty-Four

Error's POV

I teleported to Underhospital immediately after I finished destroying the Au. I didn't want to waste any time. I arrived in Ink's hospital room to find him still in his coma. I closed my eyes, and with a sad smile, "heYa Inky" I looked at him more closely this time, and saw all the new cracks and bruises he had, from the destruction of Underkeep. "DamMit, yA loOk woRse thAn lAsT timE." I paused, "UndeRkeEp, No doubT." I said under my breathe, I hated that each time on of these Au went down it hurt him. I walked over to him and sat down in my regular chair. I pulled out some strings and began to make a puppet, once again I didn't know who. I sat in silence, waiting, and knitting. Time past, an hour went by and I had almost finished my puppet-turns put it was actually one of me this time- when Ink started shaking. I noticed his movement and I felt my soul rise. I jumped up-maybe he's waking up- but then I realized why he was shaking, "InK..." he was scared of something. I was right next to him now, come on Ink...you're gonna be alright. I felt panicked, was he having a nightmare? No this was worse then that. I've seen him like this before, when he thought he was alone, or when he was in the Anti-void for to long. He's having a panic attack!

"InK! WhAtevEr yOu'rE sEeIng or HearinG iT isN't ReAl!" I yelled. Ink let out a pained wince, and I grabbed his shoulders, "yOu'rE goNna Be aLriGht." I lightly hugged him, as I felt myself glitch. I didn't let it bother me though, I knew Ink needed this. I could deal with my phobia for him. I heard a soft whimper, and noticed he was crying. I placed the puppet of myself in his hand, and saw as his fingers lightly wrapped around it. I smiled, as his breathe slowed and went back to normal. I hugged him for a few minutes until, I felt him go limp and he fell back into his sleep. It was odd, sometimes he'd wake up for just a few seconds but not open his eyes. It was like he was stuck in this section between awareness and sleep. I laid him back down. I got up and readied myself to teleport to the Anti-void.

It's been another week now. No more Au's have fallen, though. I guess that means that the player in the universes hasn't reset. Each day stuff changed just a little more. Cross and Dust are spending time with the Stars. Dust would try and cheer Blue up when he got to down, and Cross-as Ink's brother- wanted to hear their stories of Ink.Nightmare's kept the balance of negativity, without the depletion of code, while spending time with Killer as well. Horror...is Horror. Reaper's been spending time with the Stars and Cross more, for ultimately the same reason as Cross. And I've been visiting Ink, I haven't seen much of anyone unless they're also visiting Ink.

Right now I was just sitting in my strings in the Anti-void. I looked up at all the puppets above me my eyes catching the one I had made of Ink. I sighed, and teleported to UnderHospital, but instead of landing inside Ink's room, I landing in the hallway right outside of his room. Why did I go here instead? I walked up to the door, maybe I just miscalculated. I grabbed the handle and noticed a piece of paper on the door.

                          We are sorry for the inconvenience, but at the moment Ink!Sans
                     will not be taking visitors. Please come back at another time, once
                      again we are sorry for the problem. If urgent please find a doctor or
                       to relay a message. -The monsters at UnderHospital

Is Ink okay? Why can't I see him? "Ink..." I sighed, I wasn't leaving. I'll wait until someone comes and ask. I leaned up against the wall, and watched the monster walk through the halls. After only a few seconds I started to hear whispers, they weren't real whispers though. It was more like a regular voice from far away, I listened more carefully. I felt like I recognized the voice. The door next to me opened quickly and shut even quicker, I could only hear faint crying sounds. I looked over and saw a very distraught deer monster, coming out of Ink's room.