nwebe

"hey you're late"

"do you think i don't know that? now where is she" still panting after running from the bus station to the sanctuary. "oh she's in the solitary room" mingyu gave her the clipboard then she nodded and went to the office of her mom which is empty, to drop off her things.

She scanned through the information silently in her head while heading to the solitary room, "hey mingyu!" she shouted from the end of the hallway "tell the others i said hi" she saw him nod not even looking at her then gesturing her to be quiet.

She shrugged and entered the designated room and saw an aged woman looks like somewhere near 40s or 50s. "Well hello madam"

She looked up to her from staring at nothing but the floor sitting alone and isolated in the small room. "I see from your records you're regular here"

"where's jeonghanie?"

"oh i'm so sorry to tell you he's dead"

"WHAT?!"

"Oh no- uh.. i mean his plant died.. pardon me Karen i lack sleep"

She really looked shocked and really concerned but seeing her information sometime now her true colors would show, "No! I'm gonna need to talk to your manager Oh my goodness! How improper to say that" she pats her face with her tiny pink hanky wiping her nonexistent sweat, fanning herself with her hand.

she blinks in surprise, not expecting that it's THAT severe. she shook her head sitting in front of Karen. "To inform you jeonghan is really sick of you" Karen's brows furrowed and her eyes widen, "Excuse me?"

"ok you're excuse"

"uh what?"

"Nevermind, he gets stress from you but it's not like he's avoiding you he's replanting a plant to get over with Romer" She taps her pen several times because it's getting boring with this old disrespectful hag infront of her.

"Who's Romer?"

"The dead cactus" she said while doing the sign of the cross "Bless Romer" she said with her hand in her chest. Karen stared at her probably weird out by her

"So let's get straight to the point, you called 112 just because..." she paused not believing what she's reading then she faced Karen and sighs. "Because of the children in my front yard they were ruining my precious plants for goodness sake"

She stood up towering her, "So when you were a child you didn't play in front of your neighbor's houses? hm?" she raised her eyebrow and looked straight into her blue eyes, "No of course I was modest when I was a kid-"

"So then you didn't have a friend.."

"I... I did have friends"

She looked at Karen knowingly, the room was filled with silence for a several minutes with Karen just staring at the floor fumbling her fingers in the table, and she stares at Karen's fragile state knowing that she triggered something.

"Let's go stand up there" she said and Karen looked at her confused "Why? Where to? Young lady if you-"

"Just stand up there we'll go to Magic Island"

"What am I? 5?"

"You'll never know darling"

'~

"I really had a good time young lady.. Thank you so much"

"It's no sweat madam you could go back for few more sessions and maybe jeonghan would be able to assist you" Karen shook her head and reached for her hands and holding it. "From now on I want you to assist me" with a sweet smile in her face. "You're a life changer your words are now engraved in my heart" with an awkward smile she nodded and went to see her off.