4

(Yes I'm aware most grocery store cashiers don't wear aprons)

Today is my job interview and I'm kind of excited.

It'll be nice to have a job and get out of the house. I might even meet some cool new people.

Plus, it pays well and I need some more money for k-pop merch.

I finish all my classes for the day and walk across the street towards the convenience store. I enter through the back instead of the main entrance, so that I can speak with Mr. Kim.

I really hope I get the job. I need the money and Jaemin is cute.

No, what am I saying? I'm doing this for me, not Jaemin. So what if he's good looking? He could be a jerk, or a psycho for all I know. Like, what person drinks as much coffee as this boy?

I sit down and answer a few basic questions like, "Why do I want this job?" "Have I had experience?" "When can I work?" And things like that. Once we're done, Mr. Kim, who I now know as Manager Doyoung tells me I'm perfect for the job and calls someone back to show me around the store.

"Jeno! My son, get in here!" Manager Doyoung yells. A boy with the cutest smile I've ever seen entered the room. His eyes curved up when he smiled making him look like a puppy.

"Yes, manager Doyoung." Jeno responds. Wait, did he just call his dad by his name or-

"I need you to give our Choi Y/N a tour of everything. Mainly focus on what's in each aisle, how to restock, and where her register will be." Doyoung commands.

"Yes sir!" Jeno replies with a lot of enthusiasm. He grabs my hand and pulls me out the room.

"This is where all the frozen food is." He explains, gesturing at the fridges near the back. "And make-up is up there." He points to the left.

While Jeno is showing me around, I glance towards the front and meet eyes with Jaemin. His aura seemed different from yesterday.

At first glance it looked like he was glaring in Jeno's direction, but when we met eyes all the dark facade disappeared and he smiled brightly waving at me.

I give a questioning look before Jeno swiftly leads us out of our current aisle and onto the next, the smile never leaving his eyes.

Just as I disappear behind the shelf, I can see Jaemin giving one more glare towards me and Jeno's connected hands.

Jeno finishes explaining everything I need to know and walks me to the front of the store. We approach the check-out counter Jaemin is at and Jeno says that I'll be working at the register right next to Jaemin's.

"Looks like you'll be seeing a lot more of me, beautiful." Jaemin says, ending his last statement in a wink. I roll my eyes with a smile on my face.

I grab the apron laying across the counter and struggle to put it on.

"Here, allow me." Jaemin says. He steps behind me and takes the apron. He slips the neck strap over my head, slightly brushing my neck. He then ties the side strings around my waist, fingers grazing over my shirt.

When he's done, I slowly turn around and make eye contact with him.

My gaze was cut short by Jeno's words.

"You look great Y/N, go ahead and prepare your register, people are beginning to come in."

Jaemin mumbles something barely audible and walks back towards his own register.

"Thanks for ruining the moment..."