24

Spring Break ends, Jaemin and Renjun move back into their original housings, and everything is back to normal.

Mark, Haechan, Renjun, and I are up late spending some time in the school's library. We need to study as much as possible if we're even thinking about passing our end of the year test.

"Studying is SOOO boring." Haechan whines.

"Well repeating this year would be even worse." Renjun retorts.

"Mark, you're lucky! After this you'll only have one more year of university but I'll have three." I complain. "In fact, when I get to senior year, you all would've left me."

"Well Chenle and Jisung are supposed to attend this school next year, so you have that to look forward to." Mark reassures.

"Yeah, I guess."

We continue studying, looking through textbooks and taking down notes.

All of a sudden, my phone begins to ring.

As I was about to pick it up, Renjun snatches it off the table.

"Nana <3?" Renjun ask, reading the caller ID out loud.

"Hey! Don't... don't look at that." I mumble.

The boys begin to laugh, Renjun laughing the most as he hands me my phone. I roll my eyes and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey cutie, whatcha doing?" Jaemin ask on the other line.

"Just studying with the boys." I reply. He quietly mutters something to himself and then continues.

"Well, since we don't have work today would you like to go out for dinner together?" 

Dinner? Like, us, alone, eating dinner, like a date?

Cool Y/N, act cool.

"Uh yEah, sounds great." I say, my voice cracking mid-sentence.

All the boys laugh even more, including Jaemin this time.

Yeah, I'm going to throw myself out the window.

"Great, I'll pick you up soon." Jaemin ends, hanging up.

"Uh yEah, sounds great." Donghyuck mocks.

I glare at him and he immediately stops.

"Come on guys, let's put these books away and get the heck out of here." I insist.

"Agreed." Renjun states. We pack up our stuff and roam the aisles, placing any books back onto their shelves.

When I'm on my last book, the second I put it down, all the lights turn off.

My eyes expand as I feel around for anyone.

"Mark!" I yell, scared to be alone. "Renjun! Renjun are you there? Haech- no, not him.."

"Hey! I heard that!" Hyuck snaps.

"Donghyuck, where are you! I'm scared."

"Y/N."

"AHH!"

"Sorry, sorry... " Mark walks up behind me with his phone's flashlight illuminating the aisle. "Is everyone alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine!" Renjun replies.

"I tripped and scraped my knee, but other than that I'm okay."  Haechan also responds.

"I'm with Y/N right now. I'm going to walk around to find you guys, just stay put." Mark announces. I cling onto his arm and we begin moving.

We eventually find the two and head back towards the table we were originally sitting at.

"Guys... I don't want to be that guy but, where's the librarian?" Hyuck ask.

We all look towards the book check-out to see that the once occupied chair is now empty.

"Welp, we're all gonna die." Renjun says in a calm voice.

My phone begins ringing again and I jump at the sudden noise.

I slowly and shakily lift the phone up to my ear.

"H- Hello?"

"Hey Y/N, uh, where are you?" Jaemin ask.

I sigh in relief. "Oh my gosh, I totally forgot. I'm on my way!" I say, jumping up from my seat.

All the boys get up and follow me towards the library's exit, Mark lighting the way.

Hyuck gently pushes the doors and nothing happens. He then uses all his strength and still, it doesn't budge.

Mark moves Donghyuck out of the way and pushes the door harder. When pushing he just keeps hearing a silent *click*

"Guys," Mark starts, slowly turning his head to look at all of us.

"We're locked in."