16

Once the school day is over, I walk across the street to work my daily shift at the convenience store.

I enter through the automatic doors and meet eyes with the beautiful prince that is-

"You may not be my groceries, but I want to take you home." Jaemin says with a wink.

I smile and make my way towards him.

"Help me tie my apron?" I ask, looking up at him with sparkling eyes.

As Jaemin is reaching out to grab the apron straps, Jeno pops up out of nowhere and bumps him onto the ground with his hip.

"Here you go ma'am."

"Thank you Jeno." I reply, turning around and giving him a big toothy smile.

"Yeah, thanks Jeno." Jaemin mumbles, picking himself up off the floor.

"I'm so glad you decided to switch your shifts back. We've really missed you around here." Jeno says, finally facing Jaemin. I nod in agreement.

"I couldn't just leave my Y/N here alone with you." Jaemin responds in what I assume is a joking tone.

"Well you should've never switched in the first place." I sass.

"I'm so sorry princess, but how would you know anything about that? For we've only just met." Jaemin refers back to our pledge on starting over.

"Oh my, you're right! I know nothing about you." I dramatically play along.

Jeno gives me and Jaemin a confused look.

"Well maybe you could get to know me better. We should get coffee together one day." Jaemin smirks with a slight look of plead in his eyes.

Is he, asking me on a date? Like really asking?

Before I can respond, a girl burst into the store.

"Hi Jaemin!" She exclaims with a cute voice. She looked familiar.

It took me a moment to realize that it's the girl Jaemin began hanging out with after he changed shifts.

"Hey," He replies, walking over to give her a hug.

Don't get jealous, don't get jealous.

Jaemin looks towards me and quickly assesses the situation.

"Areum, this is my beautiful friend Y/N, beautiful friend Y/N this is my cousin Areum." Jaemin says.

Oh thank goodness.

I wave to her and she waves back.

"You two are just friends?" She ask looking back and forth between us. She then stops and only looks at me. "Jaemin talks about you as if you two were married!"

Me and Areum laugh and I glance at Jaemin, giving him an eye smile.

"It's very nice to meet you Areum, I hope we become good friends." I say.

We split off, Jaemin and Areum talking some more as me and Jeno begin to restock some shelves.

"So... what happened between you two?" Jeno ask, gesturing towards Jaemin.

I chuckle as I think of a good way to summarize everything. "We've been through a lot together, so we've just decided to start over."

"So you're just going to continue being friends and flirting with each other until you reject him again?" I playfully roll my eyes.

"Who said anything about rejection this time?" I smirk before walking away.

Jeno just stands there... In the middle of the aisle... Alone.

"Well, she likes him now... I'll get over her." Jeno sadly smiles. "Eventually."

Author's Note: Sad puppy :(