22

Out of seemingly nowhere I abruptly wake up from my sleep, feeling scared as if there's another presence in the room.

I open my eyes to see Jaemin hovering right above my bed.

"AHHH!" I scream, throwing my fist out and punching him right in the face.

"OW!" He yelps, holding his nose and falling to the ground.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry!" I shout, quickly sitting up to see if he's alright.

"It's okay, it was kinda my fault." Jaemin says, adjusting his shirt and standing up. "Coffee?" He offers, holding out a mug with visible steam.

"Get that away from me before I punch you again." I mutter, angry not only that he woke me up, but that this is the way he decided to do it. "It's Spring Break, can't a girl sleep in? What time is it anyways?"

"12:03 p.m."

"Oh." Maybe watching web dramas all night wasn't such a good idea.

"I only woke you because I wanted to ask if maybe we could go to the mall together?"

"Oh, yeah, that sounds fun. Give me 20 minutes."

After an hour has passed, I finally leave my room and approach Jaemin who is sitting on a couch in the main area.

"What took so long?" He ask.

"Well after you woke me up, I had to stare at a wall for 30 minutes then, I started getting ready." I explain.

"Fair enough." Jaemin shrugs before linking our arms as he leads us out the door towards the mall.

When we arrive, we go in and out of a few different stores. We try on some clothes, look at some technology, and then go into a toy store.

"Aww, look at that blue penguin plush!" I coo.

"And look at the baby chick next to it." Jaemin points out.

We both look at each other and simultaneously say, "Jisung."

Then Jaemin pulls out his wallet.

"So, I'll buy this chick for my son and this penguin for my wifey." Jaemin hums, glancing at me as he picks up the plushies and places them on the check-out.

"Oh no no no, Jaemin you don't have to-"

"Too late." He says, already handing the cashier his card. After paying he gives me the penguin.

"Fine. But I'm buying lunch!" I exclaim before running off to the food court.

I order mine and Jaemin's favorite things and I also pick up a strawberry yogurt.

I find the table that Jaemin is sitting at and pull out the chair across from him.

"Strawberry yogurt?" I offer.

"No thanks, I hate yogurt." He replies, causing me to gasp.

"You like coffee but hate strawberry yogurt?"

"You like strawberry yogurt but hate coffee?"

We both glare at each other.

"Good thing opposites attract." Jaemin ends, nonchalantly taking a bite from his food.

"Yeah, I guess it is." I say, looking down and smiling.

Jaemin looks up at me with one of the brightest expressions I've ever seen on his face.

I catch his gaze and proceed to feed him some of my food. He gladly abides and does the same right back to me.

"We should do this more often." Jaemin speaks up.

"Yeah. We should. I really like hanging out with my friends."

"Well... next time we do this, let's not do it as friends. If we do stuff like this more often, let's just label them dates."

I was speechless. Completely speechless. How does he always make me so shy so easily?