15

I wake up due to the light from outside beaming directly onto my face.

The blanket that once covered my body is now messily spiraled on top of the bed.

The warmth I'd become accustomed to has all slipped away.

I remember falling asleep last night in Jaemin's arms.

I look all around the room only to find that he's no longer here.

Was it all a dream? If so, how did I get in my bed?

Maybe Renjun carried me... ? Oh, who am I kidding?

The sad thought of my memories from last night all being fake swarm through my mind. Alas, a very sweet aroma fills my nose.

Someone must have been making breakfast, but it doesn't smell like anything Renjun has made before.

I stretch and remove myself from the bed, hastily making my way towards the kitchen.

To my astonishment, I see Jaemin standing in front of the stove.

"Good morning beautiful." He smiles at me.

"Nana, what are you doing here?"

"Making breakfast duh, have a seat."

So... it wasn't a dream? I really hope the part where I begged him to stay was.

Gosh I'm so embarrassed.

"I hope you like pancakes." He says as he places some food on a plate and sets it down in front of me.

He turns off the stove, makes himself a plate, and sits down beside me.

"Did you sleep well, princess?" Jaemin questions.

My heart races and I begin to stutter. What are you doing to me Na Jaemin?

"O-Oh, I... I-I um. Well I,"

"Is that a yes?"

I just slowly nod my head.

He chuckles, glancing downwards and shaking his head. He then lifts it back up and looks at me.

I get nervous under his gaze turn away but out of the corner of my eye, I still see him looking at me.

"I just realized, you finally stopped acting tough after doing something cute. You're allowing yourself to be nervous." Jaemin speaks.

"Thanks for reminding me." I say, turning so that I am no longer facing him. I slightly push the plate he made for me away.

"Come on Y/N, don't be like that." Jaemin softly pleads.

"Come on Jaemin, don't change your hours at work. Come on Jaemin, don't go out of your way to ignore me. Come on Jaemin, don't flirt with other girls in front of my face. Come on Jaemin, don't leave me with a note at the coffee shop instead of talking with me face to face!" I snap, growing angrier with each statement.

"Come on Jaemin, don't break my heart for a month straight and then bring me food, and cuddle with me, only to apologize because I made you feel guilty and NOT because you actually care!" I yell, tears streaming from my eyes.

Jaemin looks at Y/N, speechless. He feels horrible. He didn't realize how much he'd hurt her and how blind he's been this entire time.

He wanted to hug her because she was crying, but he also felt that he didn't deserve it.

After fighting with himself, he slowly brings her into his chest, wrapping his arms around her and gently caressing her back.

She cries into his shirt, very overwhelmed by all her emotions. She hated knowing that most of what is happening right now is kind of her fault. But over all else she is tired.

Tired of putting on an act, and tired of being alone.

She knew Jaemin liked her and that she liked him, but she also knew love was painful.

"C- Can we start over?" She sniffs.

"Hi, I'm Jaemin."