28

The day after Jaemin confessed is like any other,

I go to school, me and Renjun go out for lunch, I study after class with Markhyuck, and then I clock in at the convenience store.

Jaemin approaches me and ties my apron, laying a kiss on my cheek.

"You know... I kinda miss the pick up lines." I tell Jaemin as he finishes tying the apron, I turn to face him, our faces inches apart.

"I ran out but, I can give you something way better than sweet nothings." Jaemin smirks.

"And what is that?" I ask in a flirty tone.

"You, me, date tonight, I'll pick you up at 8?" He tells.

"Sounds great, but it's kinda weird to think about. This is our first date as a real couple, but definitely not our first date ever." I joke.

"Yeah, we've been to the mall, on a picnic, and there was that one time I came to your apartment and the power went out." Jaemin rants, just listing a few.

"But this is better, because it's official." I say.

"And this time I get to kiss you as much as I want." Jaemin wink.

As 8:00 p.m. arrives, I wait in the kitchen of my apartment for Jaemin to come pick me up.

"So, you guys are really dating now." Renjun ask.

"Yep, so I'll probably be way too busy for you." I joke.

"Thank GOODNESS, finally someone to get you away from me." Renjun exclaims.

"Ouch, my heart." I respond, placing a hand over my chest.

"You have a heart?" Renjun sasses.

I was about to attack him when I hear a knock on the door.

"You're just jealous I have a boyfriend and you don't." I say as I open the door and hug Jaemin.

"Get out of my house." Renjun retorts, pushing me and then slamming the door.

"What was that about?" Jaemin ask.

"Don't worry about it." I reply with a smile.

Jaemin drives us to a beach with a long pier/board walk.

We begin walking along it, admiring the amusement park on our right and the beach on our left.

"This place is so beautiful!" I drool in amazement.

"Yeah, we should come back here during Summer Break." Jaemin says. I nod in agreement.

Jaemin grabs my hand and pulls me towards the end of the pier where I spot pedal boats.

"Do you want to try one out?" He offers.

He helps me put on a life jacket and we pedal in a small circle, not straying too far from the beach. We spend the whole time sharing stories, laughing together, and splashing water on each other.

When we get off of the boat, Jaemin looks at me and ask, "Are you hungry?"

"Didn't you just take me on a pedal boat ride? Stop trying to spoil me Nana." I gush.

"I insist." Jaemin says, leading me back towards the car.

He drives us to a rooftop restaurant.

"My Jaemin is very romantic." I say.

"Only the best for my love." Jaemin replies.

We eat in silence, the soft background music being the only sound.

This semi-silence gave me time to think.

"Jaemin," I begin in a questioning tone.

"Hmm?" He hums in response.

"I've thought about how I treated you in the past. The way I ignored you, the way I rejected you, the-" I rant but Jaemin leans forwards and pecks me on the lips, shutting me up.

"Y/N, it's okay. We've both done somethings in the past that we regret but we're here now, aren't we?" Jaemin tells. "Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve you, but I love you and you love me and in this moment, that's all that matters."

I nod in agreement, deciding not to argue. I knew he was right. We love each other and that's all that matters.