14

"What we're you saying? I didn't catch that last thing because of the lightning." Jaemin ask.

I was going to answer, but maybe I should take this as a sign.

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about him on a romantic scale, but I do know that I'm not ready to date him. Or anyone. I don't want to hurt him again which is almost unavoidable in a relationship.

Also, what about that girl he was with a few days ago? I mean he just said he liked me but he could like her too.

"Nana?" I begin.

He hums in response.

"Who's that girl you brought to the store when you told me you were switching shifts?"

"Oh her, don't worry about it." He smirks. Why won't he just tell me? "You okay if I quickly go grab the food?"

I nod my head and he leaves.

We are currently situated in my room with 2 flashlights and a candle.

We both quietly, but not an awkward silence, more so peacefully sit on my bed.

He picks up a flashlight, and hands me some chopsticks.

"If you get a single grain of rice on my bed, I will end you Jaem." I state.

"I can't promise anything." Jaemin chuckles.

He lifts up some of his food and holds out his chopsticks towards my mouth.

I roll my eyes before giving in and biting the food.

I begin to think. I loved hanging out with him but, the fact that he went out of his way to ignore me over a silly rejection... And now we're as close, if not closer than before? It's just so confusing.

"I never formally apologized, I'm so sorry Y/N." He says, almost like he read my mind. "I shouldn't have avoided you. I was being immature and we should've talked things out. I should've listened to you. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too. I really do appreciate your feelings, I mean you've done so much for me and still continue to. I hope that we can stay close." I reply getting a bit emotional. "I really like being with you Jaemin. It's not the same without you."

Jaemin smiles before leaning his face closer to mine, but then he stops and slowly moves back. My heart beat speeds up as I look down.

"Almost sounds like a love confession." He jokes.

"Yeah, haha, almost." I fake laugh and look away.

The lights flicker a few times. We look around before they fully turn on.

"Yay, powers back." Jaemin cheers.

He looks towards Y/N to see her winch at the light and slow blink before yawning.

"Are you tired?" Jaemin ask. Y/N slowly nods. "Cute. Here."

Jaemin stands up and cleans off Y/N's bed. He removes the remainder of the food and takes it out to the kitchen. Then he makes his way back in to see Y/N dozing off.

He smiles at her and flicks the lights off, about to leave the room.

"Wait... stay Nana." Y/N pouts.

"Y- You want me to stay?" Jaemin ask.

"Only if you want to... you can go back to the boys, I understand, but if your planning to stay in the apartment and sleep on the couch, you can just stay in here with me." Y/N says in a muffled voice.

Jaemin doesn't even respond, he just makes his way back and slips in beside her on the bed.

Y/N turns towards Jaemin and wraps her arms around his torso. She pulls herself towards him and presses her head onto his chest.

"Goodnight Nana."

"Goodnight Y/N."

<3