11

Jaemin has yet to come back to the store. When my shift is over, I might have to walk home alone. Thankfully it isn't too late at night.

I walk home with my head hung low and a frown on my face.

I wipe the wet stains off my cheeks, 'no more tears' I encourage myself. I don't want to cry anymore.

When I open the apartment door, I see Renjun sitting on the couch, one of his legs rapidly bouncing up and down.

"Y/N! Where were you? What happened?" Renjun exclaims once he sees me.

My voice comes out dull and emotionless.

"I just finished work."

"What about Jaemin? D- Did he ask you?" I assume he knows what Jaemin had planned for today.

"Yeah, I rejected him." I respond, even duller this time.

"What! Why? Is it because-" Renjun pauses when I cut him off. Normally I'd be irritated by all these questions but right now I just felt... nothing.

"I think I'm going to go lay down." I end before dragging my feet to my room and throwing myself onto my bed, not even bothering to close the door.

I feel guilty for feeling so bad right now. Jaemin should be the one upset.

I'm just so confused.

The only thing I'm sure of, is that I don't want to lose a friend. What can I do?

I'll apologize and make it up to him tomorrow, yeah!

I'll fix things tomorrow.

I get to work early so that I can catch Jaemin as he walks in.

I have his favorite coffee in hand, hoping that this could at least mend things a little.

"Hi Jae- min?" I began the sentence with excitement because he had finally entered the store, but when I saw who was behind him, my joy quickly faded.

Jaemin walked in holding hands with a very pretty girl who I've never seen before.

He glances at me, our eyes connecting, but then swiftly looks away.

"Jaemin... "

"Oh, hey Y/N." His voice was dead of the enthusiasm that he usually had when talking to me.

"H- How are you." I awkwardly ask, ignoring the stares of the girl.

He ignores my question and calls out my name instead.

"Y/N."

"Y- Yes Jaemin?"

"I'm switching my work schedule. I'll be working the morning shift."

"Wait- what!" I can't believe this.

There are 3 shifts. Morning, which he knows that I can't work because I have classes. Afternoon, which we'd always work together, happily having fun and making memories. And night, the scary one.

"Yeah. I just think it's better that way."

"Bu- but, you can't!" I yell. I am truly sorry that I rejected him, but that doesn't mean we can't still be friends. Speaking of friends, what about the others? All the boys have morning classes as well so unless they hangout at night, none of them will see each other. This is so irrational.

"Look, I don't say this a lot, but I'm sorry. I should've handled yesterday differently but you also need to work on how you handle things, like right now. I'm your friend, and all your other friends have day classes too. You'd be stupid to do all this just to avoid me because avoiding me won't-"

"Y/N..." Jaemin mumbles.

With my last bit of hope, I forget about everything he has done thus far and try to be kind. "If you change, I'll... I'll quit!" I shout. "I can't work without you... "

"Sorry Y/N."

Author: I know, I'm sorry :'( They can't be together just yet, it's too early, but don't worry. It will get better soon.