6

"Manager Doyoung, I really hope you can understand-"

"There's no room for understanding, you've really thrown off our schedule Y/N." He scolds.

"I'll do whatever I can to help. I'll work on my day off if I have to." I try to reason.

"We need you today Y/N. I have an idea though, I'll switch you with the person working the nightshift." 

No, I can't work the nightshift! Before I can respond, he hangs up. Great.

If you're confused, I have to stay at school later than usual because I have an exam. I had to tell Manager Doyoung the day of, so he was mad because he had no one to cover my shift.

Now I have to take an exam AND work late into the night when all the creeps come out.

Just perfect.

*Cue Time Skip Cuz All The Good Stuff Happens At The Store*

I enter the store at approximately 9:38 p.m. (21:38) and to my surprise see him.

"I'm no photographer, but I can picture us together." Jaemin says, sending me a wink.

"First of all, aren't you a photography major, and second of all, what in the world are you doing here?"

"Well, I heard that someone was working the nightshift and I thought that same someone might need some company." Jaemin explains with a smile.

"Why me cruel world!" I dramatically yell.

"Don't worry, the best part is... " Jaemin pauses, coming up behind me to help apply my apron. He leans in very close to my ear and whispers, "No Jeno."

I get a chill down my spine.

"B- But isn't he like your best friend?" Dang it Jaemin, did you just make me stutter?

"Yeah, but I like it better when he's not flirting with my girl."

"Jokes on you, I'm already taken by my bed." I remark, we both laugh and approach our stations.

"So... tell me about yourself."

I give him a puzzled look as he smiles back at me. I sigh knowing he probably won't give up.

"Well I live with Renjun, I go to the same school as Haechan... "

Jaemin pouts. "Tell me something I don't know." I sigh and try to come up with something I wouldn't mind him bothering me about.

"Well, I like music, like a lot. I love listening to songs I can relate to, and even some that I can't.  Sometimes I play music and do nothing but stare at a wall for hours. I listen to music in any language and I have a playlist of my favorite music videos that-" I stop when I notice Jaemin's stance. He is standing across from me, his elbow on the table propping up his chin which rest in the palm of his hand. He stares at me with dreamy eyes and a big smile on his face. I realize that I'd been ranting and brush off the topic, concluding my story.

I slowly blink and sway side to side, yawning while trying to keep my eyes open. I look next to me to see Jaemin basically jumping up and down with a bright expression.

"How are you *yawn* so awake?" I ask.

"Coffee, of course!" He quickly responds pushing the cup in my direction.

"Oh no thanks. I hate coffee."

"Oh, yeah. I guess we all have our faults." He shrugs.

I was taken aback. "Faults?" I sass.

"Yeah, the only thing that could make you more perfect is if you liked coffee."

"Wow, okay Jaemin. Me or coffee?"

"That would be hard one, but at least coffee loves me back."

"That bitter thing? I'm pretty sure coffee is heartless."

"You take that back!" Jaemin shouts, he begins to fake cry as we continue arguing. The pointless discussion carries on until someone enters the store.

"Uh...hello?" The customer speaks.

"Hello." "Hello!" Me and Jaemin respond, both slightly bowing.

The customer walks around but keeps flashing he's eyes back towards me and Jaemin, giving us a judgmental look.

I mouth the words 'mind your own business' and he stops.

"Y/N..." Jaemin says, looking at me with big eyes and a small pout.

"Yes Nana?" I reply, softening my gaze due to his cute expression.

"Coffee is the best!" He quickly jumps over the counter and runs away.

"Hey!" I yell, walking around to chasing after him.