13

The school day ends so I walk home alone and enter my apartment. I see a note on the door.

It says: I'll be home late, hanging out with the boys.

Great, now even Renjun left me.

I throw myself onto the couch, too sad to do anything else.

Looks like I'll waste away tonight watching k-drama's and eating chips.

About 1 hour after I got home I heard a knock at the door. I was sitting in pure darkness, only the TV illuminating the room. I was covered in food crumbs and my hair was tangled in every-which way.

I assume it's Renjun, who has already seen me at my worst, so I drag my feet across the floor and open the door.

To my surprise, when the door fully opens I look up to meet eyes with none other than the Na Jaemin.

I'm shocked to see him but too tired to react.

I slowly wipe off my shirt, fix my hair, and move aside, signaling him to come in.

After a few seconds, I finally realize the situation I'm in and begin to freak out.

"Shoot, I look so gross right now, I should- " I start, and attempt to run to my room, but Jaemin grabs my wrist, making me face him.

"You look fine, kinda cute actually." Jaemin says. I purse my lips and look away.

"W- What brings you here?"

"Well all the boys got really drunk, including Renjun, so I let him sleep at my place." Jaemin explains. "While I was helping him get to bed, he said I should check on you. He said you haven't been eating lately so I brought you some take-out." Jaemin finishes, revealing the bag of food behind his back.

"Thanks," I say and smile, but my expression slowly drops. How is he just going to show up and act like nothing happened? I turn my head away from him. "But I didn't think you cared." I huff.

He chuckles and mumbles, "You're so cute when you're mad." Then he clears his throat.

"Of course I care, I've always cared, I was just pretty hurt when you rejected me." He begins. "I lo... I like you so much Y/N, so I'll wait for you."

"That's the thing Jaemin, if you would have just listened, you would known- " I get cut off by a large bang. Lightning strikes and the power immediately goes out.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Jaemin quickly ask, concern in his voice.

"Y- Yeah, I'm fine AHH!" I panic once I feel something touch me.

"Don't worry, it's just me." Jaemin says. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Don't panic, I got you."