26

Y/N's P.O.V.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask Jeno.

"I have something I've been meaning to tell you... " Jeno nervously speaks.

"What is it?"

"I-I like you." He tells.

I was taken aback. I didn't want to reject him... I'd feel so bad, but I like Jaemin.

"Jeno... " I drift off, looking down and rubbing my arm.

"Oh, yeah, I should have known." He says as if he could read my mind.

"Jeno I-"

"No, it's okay. I should apologize to Jaemin, nothing could keep you two apart."

"Wait, Jaemin knew you were going to confess?"

"Yeah, he even encouraged me."

Huh? Does that mean he doesn't like me anymore?

"Yeah, he's way too nice and I took advantage of that. I can't believe he was willing to give up the girl he loves for- oh shoot."

As Jeno said the word 'love' I lost my breath.

"I'll leave first." Jeno quickly ends before walking back to the library.

He, he loves me?

I re-enter the library to see Jeno and Jaemin talking in a corner and Mark holding Haechan back from chasing after Renjun.

I push my thoughts of Jaemin aside. Too much has happened tonight, I'll deal with other things tomorrow.

"Pack it up boys, lets go home!"

The next day I wake up to a bunch of talking coming from the apartment's main area. I reluctantly leave my room to investigate.

I see Jeno, Jaemin, and Renjun all sitting together on the couch.

"You're up early." Jaemin jokes. I glance at the clock and it's 11:00 a.m.

"What are you guys doing here?" I question, rubbing my eyes.

"You and me are going out to make up for yesterday." Jaemin reveals.

"Yeah, and me and Jeno will just be here." Renjun says.

I don't question it and get ready to go out with Jaemin.

He drives us to the park and takes out a basket from the trunk of his car.

"Here, hold this. I'll get the blanket." Jaemin tells.

I obey and wait as he pulls out something else. We walk to an empty spot under a tree and sit down.

"A picnic? How romantic." I coo.

"You know me." Jaemin smiles.

We chill and eat for a bit. My mind goes back to what Jeno said yesterday. I decide to hint at it hoping that Jaemin will expand.

"Uh... so, did anything happen with you and Jeno yesterday?" I ask.

"We had a little disagreement, but we're cool now. We made up at like 2:00 a.m. yesterday." Jaemin laughs.

"What! You guys actually fought?" I blurt, surprised at Jaemin's confession.

"Yeah, but lets not talk about Jeno. I'm more interested in you and me." Jaemin says winking at me.

Me and Jaemin decide to walk around the park. While walking through the grass, Jaemin sees a flower and picks it up, placing it in my hair.

I smile and we continue our stroll.

Out of nowhere, a boy walks up and winks at me.

"What are you doing later sweetheart?" The random guy ask.

"Hey, hi, um can you re-frame from flirting with my girlfriend." Jaemin ask in a sweet but direct voice.

The boy scoffs and walks away.

"Jaemin," I whine. "thanks for protecting me but, we're not dating."

"No yet." Jaemin smirks.

My heart flutters at his words as he intertwines our hands and we continue forward.