18

Me, Renjun, Haechan, and Mark sat in our schools dining hall, eating cheap school lunches because we are all broke college students.

Mark stops for a second, placing down his sandwich. He turns around to unzip his bookbag which straps are hanging from the back of the chair.

He pulls out his phone as it rumbles in his hand, swiping the screen to answer the unexpected call.

"Hello?" Mark questions.

"Hey Mark!" Replies the person on the other line.

"Who is it?" Donghyuck nosily buds in.

Mark looks up and whispers, "Jeno." before focusing his attention back to the call.

"Yes?" Jeno whispers back.

"No I was talking to- you know what, never mind. What's up Jeno?"

"Jaemin wants me to invite you guys to a movie night at our place."

"Sounds fun! But how are we supposed to get into your dorm? We're not allowed on other campuses..."

Jeno pauses to think for a second. "Looks like you'll just have to break in." 

When the school day is over, Mark and Haechan gather some stuff from their dorm room, getting ready to meet up with everyone. We planned on meeting in front of me and Renjun's apartment.

"Should we bring some snacks?" I ask Renjun.

"Bring some sleepwear too, we don't know how long we're going to be there."

"But we can't sleepover, it's a school night." I whine.

"Party pooper... " Renjun mumbles as he hands me my pajamas.

We finish, make our way outside, and head towards Jeno and Jaemin's university.

"So, how are we breaking in?" Hyuck smirks.

"Well there's some staff surrounding the front gate, so we'll have to climb in from the side." Jaemin responds with a lot of energy in his tone.

Jeno tries to cut in. "Jaemin I don't think we need to-"

"Then we'll cover our faces with hoods, roll past study hall department, army crawl past the gym building, then cartwheel all the way to the dormitory structure and ride the elevator to get to our room." Jaemin rants.

"Or just walk to the dorms and if someone ask what we're doing we'll just say we were in the library." Jeno corrects.

"Oh... yeah." Jaemin pouts.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" I chime.

We walk towards the side gate Jaemin was talking about and begin to climb.

Jeno goes first, Mark following, then Renjun, and Haechan right after that. Hyuck gets half way up before he becomes too scared.

"AHHH! MARKIE, CATCH ME!" Donghyuck yells as he lets go of the fence. Mark steps to the side causing Haechan to fall straight onto the floor.

"Ouch..." He mumbles.

Jaemin chuckles before turning to help me. He uses his hand to support me until I reach the top. He tells me to wait there as he climbs up then jumps down.

When at the bottom, he positions himself in front of where I am and holds out his arms.

"Jump!" He says. I hesitate but hop down anyway.

After gently getting placed on the ground I look up to meet eyes with Jaemin whose arms are wrapped around me.

We stare into each others eyes for what feels like forever. I notice the light reflecting from the streetlights onto his eyes. They sparkle so beautifully.

"Erm, come on kids, we don't have all night." Renjun clears his throat.

Jaemin and I break contact, snapping back into reality.

Author Note: Soooo, I'm not a college student so my perspective of acollege campus may be kinda off, BUT I just did some research and had my mom describe it to me so I may be able to use better detail.