10

(Still Jaemin P.O.V.)

Today is the day, I'm going to do it. I'm going to confess to Y/N.

I've liked her for a good while now and I really want to be with her.

I know, my jokes and flirt attempts in the past might have thrown her off but, I do truly like her. Maybe even love her.

I told all the boys about my feelings and they gave me pointers and said I should go for it. Even Renjun told me to try. I know I can trust Renjun.

My plan is simple.

When she comes into work today I will give her some flowers and just tell her upfront.

Afterwards, we can go for coffee! I know she doesn't like coffee, but who doesn't like a romantic café date.

I'm so excited I can barely hold it in. I'm jumping all over the store, high on an adrenaline rush. Man I really hope this works.

Y/N P.O.V.

Ugh, today was so stress inducing. I didn't finish a lot of class assignments, so now I have to do those when I get home. At work I just want to relax so that I can get home and complete my assignments.

I enter the store, expecting another cheesy pick up line from Jaemin but he doesn't say anything this time. He just stands there and smiles at me.

I sigh and make my way towards the counter.

"Can you help me tie this Nana?" I ask.

"Eee, she called me Nana!" Jaemin squeals.

He runs up to me to tie my apron, the brightest smile never leaving his face.

"Jaemin, I had a really stressful day so do you think that we can just be chill?"

"Don't worry. I think I know how to make it better." He smirks. He then begins to rummage through some stuff in his bag.

"Jaemin I'm serious I-" But I'm interrupted when I see what's in his hands.

It's a huge bouquet of flowers.

"Jaemin, I can't except this." I say.

"Wait, Y/N, just listen." Jaemin starts. I cross my arms and glance towards him, preparing to hear him out.

"I, well, I like you. I mean you already know that, but... " He clears his throat. "I really like you. You're so beautiful and your personality pulls me in. Will you, be mine?" He ends, holding out the bouquet.

I was taking aback by his confession. I didn't expect this. My heart begins beating fast.

It's making me feel some inexplainable way. I'm just so confused and have no time to clear my mind.

"Nana... that was really sweet but,"

Jaemin's expression drops when I say 'but'.

"I-I just don't see you like that..." I spoke, the words kinda just falling from my mouth.

What am I saying? I didn't mean to say it like that. My mind is so perplexed, I don't know what to say, ugh, how do I fix this?

"Jaemin..." I softly speak.

"No," Jaemin replies. His face went from a frown to a sad smile.

"Jaemin..." I repeat.

"I- I'm fine."

"Jaemin..."

"I need a minute... I'm going to go on a walk." He ends, quickly rushing out of the store.

"Jaemin... " I say watching him leave. A tear slips out of my eye.

Why can't I just express myself? I hate my emotions.