7

Our shift ends at 12:00 a.m. and we clean up our stations, preparing to leave the store.

"I'll lock up and you can go, goodnight Y/N." Jaemin says, grabbing the keys.

I walk up to the door, peering outside into the dark night. Small lights illuminate the street, but still not enough to make me feel safe.

If I wasn't so stubborn and just lived on campus I could've just walked across the street, but no. I live in an apartment 15 minutes away instead.

My stubbornness also made me not want to turn around and beg Jaemin to walk me home, but looking at the dark sky, did I really have a choice?

"Uh... hey Jaemin?"

"What's up?"

"Well... I, um... "

"Is there something you need?"

"I'm getting there!" I yell, a bit irritated. I don't know why, I just am. "Can you... maybe, I don't know... walkmehome." I quickly end.

"What was that last part?" Jaemin ask, finally looking at me.

"Nevermind, bye!" I shout, running towards the door.

"Wait, wait, wait, you really thought I was going to let you walk home alone?" Jaemin says, hints of teasing in his voice. "I may be a flirt, but I'm still a gentlemen."

I stare at Jaemin, blinking a few times before turning back towards the door.

"Whatever, just hurry up."

Jaemin rushes up to the door and opens it for me. I step out and he follows behind, locking the it before jogging to catch up with me on the sidewalk.

"So... " He begins, trying to strike a conversation.

"No talkie, just walkie." I say, placing a single earbud in my ear.

"Ooh, I love music!" Jaemin exclaims, yanking the cord out of my phone so that the music plays out-loud.

I was a bit annoyed by his action but did nothing about it. A car zooms past us giving me a small breeze. I shiver a bit and Jaemin grabs my hand.

I glance at him and he removes his jacket, placing it over my shoulders.

"Not wearing a sweater in the middle of fall, tsk tsk." He scolds.

"My bad, and thanks." I say adjusting the jacket and slipping my arms through.

"Look! Sweater paws!" I shrill as I play with the jacket that's just a little too big for me.

"Cute, I've never seen you like this." Jaemin gives me a super warm smile.

I quickly roll up the sleeves and stop 'acting cute'.

I clear my throat "I mean, whatever." I say, turning my head away from Jaemin and looking down.

"Why, why do you always do that?"

"Hmm?"

"Why do you always turn mean after doing something cute or nice?"

The question surprises me. My mouth is left agape, small breaths coming out as his words ring through my head.

"Didn't I say no talking and more walking?" I sternly fire back.

Jaemin sighs, turning away from me.

The next song plays and Jaemin begins to rap along. It seemed to come easy to him, as he did really good. Wow, I didn't know he could do that.

We slowly approach the apartment building and Jaemin faces me once more.

"Do you need me to walk you to your apartment, or are you good here?"

"I'm fine here." I reply. Jaemin nods and starts to walk away. "Wait!"

He turns around and gives me a questioning look. I slowly approach him.

"Thanks, Nana." I say giving him a soft hug and then running into my building.

To my oblivion, Jaemin smiles standing in the parking lot and watching me go in.