20

"This is all your fault!" Renjun yells to me as we speed walk towards our apartment.

"MY FAULT? I was the one trying to tell everyone not to drink so that we could go home!" I shout, rushing to my room as he goes into his. We can still hear each other because our doors are open.

"Well instead of trying to, you just should have." He says in a cold tone.

"But I did! And when I did, you were the one who told me to, "lighten up". Why are you being such a jerk!" I argue, getting angrier by the second.

"If I'm such a jerk, than maybe you should find someone else to live with!"

"Maybe I should!" I sternly shout, walking out of the room.

I don't want to find someone else though. Renjun has been my best friend since the 2nd grade. (or year 2 or... what ever type of schooling you were in when you were 7)

I glance back to see if he's looking at me, but I hear his door slam in the distance.

I sigh and make my way to school.

When the school day is over, I head towards the store and get ready for my shift.

I have no idea what I'm going to do when I get home. Will I make up with Renjun, will he truly kick me out?

I sigh as I struggle with my apron.

"Hey cutie, let me help you with that." Jaemin says while approaching me.

He scans my expression and immediately knows that something's wrong.

"Y/N, are you okay?"

"Renjun and I got into a big fight. This is the first time we've ever been mad at each other and we've been friends since age 7!" I explain. "I'm not at fault so I'm not going to apologize, but I'm pretty sure we can't live together if we're fighting."

"Hmm," Jaemin thinks for a second. "Well, maybe you could stay with me until you two make up."

"W-With you?" I ask, nervous at his suggestion.

"Yeah! You know, just so you and Renjun don't fight."

"Wait, but, we go to different schools."

"Good thing it's about to be Spring Break." Jaemin chimes.

Oh yeah, we have a week off of school... me and Renjun could totally make up by then!

"What about Jeno?"

"He can stay with Renjun."

"No I can't!" Jeno yells from the back of the store.

"Jeno, pLEASE!" Jaemin begs with his full chest.

"No! Angry Renjun is scary."  Jeno speaks.

Jaemin runs up to Jeno and they have a conversation that I can't hear.

"Please, you don't understand how important this is to me!" Jaemin whisper screams.

"Y/N can't even come into our dorms."

"Than we'll stay at the apartment and you and Renjun can go to the dorms."

While they're talking I realize that there's no way Renjun would agree to stay in a dorm. Maybe when Jeno brings it up we will make up then and there. I decided to help Jaemin be convincing.

"Please Jeno?" I pout.

"Ugh, fine."

Jaemin and I celebrate our success, Jeno groaning in defeat.

After work, me, Jeno, and Jaemin go to the apartment preparing to confront Renjun.

I unlock the door and we all walk in.

Stepping inside, I make eye contact with Renjun causing him to look away.

Jeno goes up to him and tells him about what is going to happen. I just wait with anticipation, knowing there is absolutely no way he would actually agr-

"Sounds good, I'll start packing." Renjun agrees, leaving for his room.

I stand there, shook.

"Wait Renjun, you can't be serious!" I yell chasing after him.

"I'm a jerk remember? I wouldn't want to ruin your precious little life so I'll be anywhere but here." Renjun responds.

I realized arguing would get me no where.

He's really leaving.