Chapter *58*

"Where you been?" I jumped so hard I got the top of my head on the fridge door.

I sucked on my lip not to cry and held my head. That shit hurt.

"Why you sneaking up on me like that?" I asked curling my lip. He better announce his presence next time before I put these hands on his ass.

"Where you been at Shunt'A?" He called himself raising his voice at me. I guess he forgot who I was.

"Why are you asking me all these questions and yelling at me? I don't grill you or hit you with 21 questions every time you come home. Is there a problem?" I folded my arms and waited for an answer.

"Man I'm just tryna figure out why you out here in a whole new state making me look stupid." He said smiling at me like he caught me doing something wrong. I was confused now. I thought he was upset about me being gone for once.

I laughed at him. "What the fuck are you talking about bro? What exactly do you think I've been doing all day? Fucking around on you, hanging with my side nigga, or what? Get the fuck outta here."

"I don't know Tae, you tell me. You the one that's got niggas I ain't even barely met before with your name in his mouth. Talking about how he might wife you right in front of me and trying to share my blunt. All on that brother brother shit. I think I got a right to feel stupid and pretty fucking pissed off."

He leaned his back on our cabinets facing me. He was trying to come off relaxed when I could tell he was two seconds from punching a whole in the wall.

"Wait..are you talking about Khalil?"

"You met any other niggas I don't know about?"

"Don't be an asshole Tyrie. I'm just trying to figure out the situation. If you must know I just met him today and had an innocent conversation with him out of politeness. Damn you act like I can't just meet people and introduce myself." He never really had an issue with it before. He was the one that encouraged me to go out and make new friends all the time.

He had never really expressed a lack of trust in me before now so I was really hurt. This was very different from out arguments about hanging around demitri or whatever his name was in high school. He had really convinced himself that I was entertaining someone else in the span of less than a day.

"Okay you want the truth?"

He nodded looking ready to blow up at me.

"I'm not a cheater and you know that. I've never cheated nor will I ever because if I wanted someone else I'd break up with you. Plain and simple. I don't know who convinced you that I had done anything but they are a fucking liar. To be completely honest, just from the fact that you even thought that I would do that to someone I love really hurts my fucking feelings to the point where I don't really want to see you for a while. I need some space, breathing room, or something."

He was shocked and panicked I think. "I-"

"Also maybe it was the weed and alcohol or something cuz you sounded super paranoid. I think it's really bold of you to come home questioning me about a man I barely know when I didn't even check you on why you been coming back to this house smelling like some cheap ass Macy's perfume. I trust you enough to know that you wouldn't cheat on me or have me look stupid. How could I even make you look stupid when I don't even know anyone in this fucking state except for you and a girl I don't even like. Plus I doubt these Florida men are even checking for me. I only want you either way but I guess you wouldn't believe that so easily since you've got it in your head I'm getting around."

I wiped a tear from under my eye. I didn't mean to cry, I just couldn't help it. Tyrie suggesting that I might be cheating really hurt for some reason. I was really wound up and wanting to punch my pillow in peace.