第十八話 | スポーツ祭、終了

After walking away from Endeavor, Hanako finally managed to find Ultear in the stands.

"Hanako? What are you doing over here? I thought you would've preferred to be in the stands with your classmates," the woman spoke.

"I needed to tell you something important. Ultear, it's Ach-"

"If it's about Achnologia, I already know."

Hanako looked surprised.

"What?"

"I could sense his magic energy."

Hanako froze. How had she not sensed him?! He was her freaking father for Mavis' sake!

"That, and, I've been doing my research on villain organizations. A few of which he's working with," Ultear explained.

"Wha-"

"You should watch your friend's match, it's starting now."

Still dumbfounded, Hanako turned to the match which was now Katsuki's. He was fighting against Tokoyami.

The match ended up not being too action packed as Tokoyami had played defensive the whole time, which Katsuki took advantage of.

In the end though, Katsuki had the upper hand due to Tokoyami's weakness, the light. He ended up surrendering, meaning Hanako would be fighting Katsuki in the finals.

"THAT MEANS OUR FINAL FIGHT WILL BE BETWEEN MIYAZAKI AND BAKUGOU!!"

"Well, I'll get going then. See you around, Ultear!" Hanako then headed to the second waiting room to mentally prepare for the final match.

She sighed from her seat, slightly upset Ultear had known about Achnologia this whole time. How long had she even been in this world?

Knock knock.

Hanako looked up at the door as a voice spoke from the other side.

"May I come in?" It was Todoroki. But what did he want?

"Sure."

The boy entered the room, taking the seat in front of Hanako.

"Did you need something?" She wondered aloud curiously.

"I wanted to tell you this after our fight, but unfortunately I didn't get a chance," Todoroki spoke, narrowing his eyes at the table as he remembered what his father had said to her.

Hanako chuckled nervously, knowing he had been listening in as she had smelled him.

"Yeah...sorry, I guess I did run off pretty fast, huh?"

"Why are you apologizing?"

Hanako raised a brow.

"If anyone should be apologizing, it's me," The boy admitted.

"Wha-"

"I made assumptions and treated you badly. I'm sorry," he apologized, lowering his head slightly.

The blue haired dragon slayer couldn't help but giggle, an action that both confused and flustered Todoroki.

"You don't need to apologize! It's not like you could have known, so it's not your fault."

The boy's eyes softened as he gazed at the girl, a slight blush rising to his cheeks as he took in the view.

"Miyazaki. Thank you."

She smiled at him, something that made his heart beat rapidly.

"It's really no problem. And please, call me Hanako. Miyazaki feels a bit too formal..."