第三十四話 | 究極の動きの時間です!

"I believe I've mentioned this already, but your focus this summer is obtaining provisional hero licenses," Aizawa said the next morning.

"Yes sir!"

"Do not take this lightly. A hero license means that you're responsible for human lives. You can imagine that the exam to receive one is very difficult. Only 50% of students pass the tests required for these permits each year."

"It's that hard to get a provisional license?!" M*neta exclaimed.

"In order to prepare, today you'll concentrate on creating something new," Aizawa began.

Cementoss, Midnight, and Ectoplasm all came into the room.

"Two ultimate moves."

"Ultimate moves?! An exam is a normal school thing, but this is total hero work!!" The Bakusquad™️ shouted excitedly.

"When we say ultimate, we mean a move that will ensure you win against your opponent," Ectoplasm spoke.

"An action so unique to your identity that no other person can hope to copy it. Simply put, you must learn to lean into your strengths," Cementoss continued.

"Your moves represent who you are. These days most pro heroes have an ultimate move. Those who don't are fools," Midnight finished.

"This might sound abstract, but we'll explain more as the day goes on. For now, change into your costumes and meet in Gym Gamma," Aizawa instructed.

----

"Gym Gamma. Also known at the academy as the training dining land, or TDL," Aizawa explained as everyone stood in the gym.

"This facility was my idea. We can prepare unique terrains and obstacles for each student here. Here you will learn to serve up justice. Hence the name," Cementoss said.

Iida shot his hand up. "Please allow me a question! What is the advantage of having ultimate moves for our provisional exam?? May we know your reasoning??"

"That's two questions, calm down," Aizawa deadpanned. "The job of a hero is to save people from all sorts of dangers. Crime, accidents, and natural or man-made disasters. Of course the licensing exam analyzes how well you're able to deal with such things. It won't just be fighting. Your ability to gather information and make quick decisions will be judged. In addition to how well you communicate, cooperate, and lead others. Every year a new test is used to evaluate these qualities," he continued.

"One thing is especially important. If you want to be a pro hero you must be able to prevail in battle. If you're prepared you won't have to worry, and those of you who have an ultimate move will have stronger results," Midnight said.

"Your circumstances should not dictate the results of your future battles. Learn to be consistent and you will be a great asset on the front lines," Cementoss smiled.

"Your ultimate move doesn't necessarily have to be an attack. Take Iida's recipro burst for example. This sort of temporary boost in speed is valuable enough that it falls into the category of excellence we're looking for," Ectoplasm complimented.

"You mean I've been doing an ultimate move all along??"

"So it's basically our secret weapon. Something that gives us the edge no matter who or what we're facing," Sato summarized.

'Oh, I get it. So it's like my dragon force!' Hanako thought.

"There's a smart boy. For example, how Kamui Woods is able to use his lacquered chain prison to capture opponents in an instant. That's exactly what we want to see," Midnight spoke.