第六十話 | パフォーマンス

Izuku set down the steel beam, speaking to himself. "Can't let them get away...!" He then jumped down, only to bounce off of one of Gentle's air trampolines.

'His air membranes are still invisible but they're definitely still around,' he thought, his eyes widening as he came to a realization. Using Gentle's wobbly crane as leverage, Izuku propelled himself into the air, chasing after Gentle and La Brava.

"He's on our tail Gentle!" La Brava shouted.

"La Brava, if possible I'd like to save your quirk until the situation becomes more dire," Gentle replied.

"At this rate it's highly possible your plan will fail!"

"I'm well aware. This clever caper is now a race against the clock!" Gentle said as he skidded to a stop on the ground. "And he's fast!" He shouted, looking up to see Izuku pointing his air force at him.

Izuku bounced off of an elastic trampoline, zooming just passed a shield Gentle had made. At the last second, Gentle made another shield, but Izuku instead aimed for another air trampoline that was still there, using it to bounce an air bullet, hitting Gentle in the gut.

"Are you okay?!" La Brava asked frantically, only to be pushed against the ground by Izuku.

"That's it, I've got you both! Stop resisting and give up!" Izuku exclaimed. Gentle struggled in his hold. "I'll hand you over to the police as soon as I can. Don't try to fight back."

La Brava smiled as tears welled up in her eyes. "I love you Gentle," she said.

"And I you, my La Brava," Gentle replied. Pink smoke began to ooze out of Gentle's body as he became stronger, fighting agains't Izuku's hold.

"What's going on? His strength...!"

"Apologies lad." In a flash, Gentle and La Brava were out of Izuku's hold, causing the freckled teen to spin around rapidly, landing on the ground with a harsh thud. "I abhor using brute force, so I usually edit out such scenes of violence. It would be best if you took a nap," He hit Izuku on the back of the neck.

"He really does hate this..." La Brava trailed off.

"No...I've fought against stronger, faster people than you...and beaten them...this isn't over...I haven't lost yet!!" Izuku aimed his fingers.

"GOOD MORNING UA! YEAH, PREP-WORK IS ALL DONE AND IT'S TIME TO ROCK!! IF YOU CAN HEAR MY VOICE GET OUT THERE AND HAVE FUN!! LET ME HEAR YOU MAKE SOME NOISE! THE UA SCHOOL FESTIVAL STARTS NOW!!" Present Mic's voice rang throughout the school.

Izuku shot off his air bullet, Gentle narrowly dodging it.

"No way..." La Brava breathed out as the two clashed midair.

"Why won't you just give up already?!" Izuku yelled.

"Gentle...no, I'm sorry! Forgive me but, it seems like my love wasn't strong enough to help!" La Brava cried.

"Nothing's certain yet La Brava. Your feelings will see us through!" Gentle reassured as Izuku launched himself off a tree. "Gently sandwich!!" Gentle pinned Izuku down using layers of elastic air. "The thinner the sandwich, the more elegant it's considered. I do regret having to pile on so many layers but I suppose it can't be helped. Sacrifices must be made to achieve the dreams of my youth. To make certain history remembers me! This is no longer an ambition I hold simply for myself. Unless I want my name to fade I must persevere! My aims are not so trivial I will abandon them only because you asked!! You're a UA student, so you must understand what it means to yearn for a goal!"

Izuku slammed his fist into the ground, destroying it and using it to get out from under the elastic air. "I do! If you understand that then why would you target the school festival?! Why would you ruin everything we've worked so hard for?!" Izuku responded, pulling down on Gentle's tailcoat.