第三十七話 | 救助演習

"Alright, for the 100 of you who passed the first test, please turn your attention to the screen," Mera spoke, the screen changing to a city-like environment.

"It's the test arena," Izuku pointed out.

"What happens next?" Asked Ochaco.

Suddenly, the building began to explode, debris crashing onto the ground below.

"Wait, does that mean...?" Izuku trailed off.

"There's only one more round for the exam. Your goal is simple: undertake rescue exercises and save the bystanders who are trapped in these disaster sites. Use this time to show us how you will carry out successful rescue procedures once you receive your provisional licenses. Treat this as if it were the real thing," Mera explained.

People began shouting as bystanders could be seen in the wreckage.

"These specialists have been trained as professional persons in need of rescue. They're very popular. Introducing the Help us Company, also known as HUC for short. The HUC bystanders have dressed up like injured victims and will be located throughout the disaster site. We'll be judging how well you keep them safe as you go about your mission. Oh, by the way, we'll be scoring you on a point system. If you have more points than the benchmark by the time the exercise comes to an end then you pass the exam. We'll start in ten minutes. Take care of any necessary preparations now."

"This looks familiar," spoke Iida, walking up to Izuku and Hanako.

Izuku nodded, "It's like Kamino Ward. I wonder if they based it off that."

"It's true that the situations are similar, but our only goal then was to rescue Bakugou and Hanako from the villains. We let the pros handle search and recovery. And you'll recall, there were many casualties," said Iida.

"Not this time," Izuku declared.

During the ten minute break, Shiketsu approached Katsuki and Kirishima, apologizing for the actions of their classmate.

As they walked away, Shouto called out to Inasa.

"Hey you, with the collar! Did I offend you somehow?" He asked, genuinely confused as to why Inasa had given him a dirty look earlier.

Inasa turned around, a dark look in his eyes.

"Oh no, I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings? Well the thing is, son of Endeavor, I just can't help but hate both of you. You've changed a little bit since the first time our paths crossed, but you definitely still have your fathers eyes," he spat, Shouto's eyes widening at his words.

"Something wrong, Yoarashi?" His classmate asked.

"Nope! Not a thing sir!!"

Just as Hanako was about to comfort Shouto, a bell rang throughout the room, signaling their ten minute preparation time was up.

"Villains have performed a large scale terrorist attack spanning all of insert city name here. Since most buildings collapsed there are many injured," said Mera over the loudspeakers.

"Due to heavily damaged roads, the first responders have unfortunately been delayed for the time being," Mera spoke as the room shook, the walls falling outwards like they had done before.

Once again Hanako felt like she was about to puke, clasping a hand over her mouth.

"Until emergency services arrive, the heroes in the area will lead the rescue efforts. Your task is to save as many people as you can and help the injured. And with that..." An airhorn sounded.