第四十八話 | GO!!

A few days had passed since the meeting, and since then they were under strict orders not to say anything about the mission. Also since they were all back at school, Hanako had been avoiding Katsuki like the plague. 

She had tried her best not to think about what had happened while at the meeting, not wanting to get distracted, but now that she was around him all day, well, it made it nearly impossible to forget. Luckily for her, Katsuki seemed to be understanding, often looking at her during class, but never approaching her. 

Hanako honestly didn't know what to do with her feelings. Did she like Katsuki in the way he liked her? After that kiss, her feelings were all jumbled, but she didn't want to confront Katsuki about it in fear of destroying their friendship.

Currently, they were in the gym doing some rock climbing for training.

"Hey, what have you guys been learning?! Tell me!!!" Katsuki yelled, pointing an accusing finger at Kirishima who was climbing with the other work study students.

"Sorry, we can't!!"

----

"You're not gonna eat?" Shouto asked Izuku at lunch, who seemed to be in deep thought. Hanako sent him a worried glance.

"Of course I am! Here, see?" Izuku replied in an obviously forced happy tone.

"Are you alright?" Iida wondered, concern evident on his face.

"You've been acting edgy and depressed ever since you started your work study," said Shouto, taking a bite of his soba.

"Oh, have I really?" Izuku replied, clearly on edge.

"If you ever want to talk or anything just let me know. We're friends, right? That's what you said to me, remember? Back when we were heading off to our internships and I was acting like a fool."

Izuku began to sniffle, tears falling from his big eyes.

"Ahhh!! No, oh dear!!" Iida fretted.

"Midoriya..." Shouto trailed off.

"Sorry, it's okay. It's nothing." He couldn't tell them what made him so upset, but even so he mentally thanked his two friends. 

Hanako's eyes softened at Izuku, knowing what was the cause of his pain. 

"Heroes aren't supposed to cry..." Izuku sniffled.

"I don't know, I figure heroes cry when they need to, don't they? (stop I literally busted the fattest uwu TODOROKI IS THE SWEETEST 🥺🥺)"

He scooted a bit closer to Iida, picking up his plate.

"Here uh, you want half of my soba?"

"And I've got extra beef stew," added Iida.

"Thanks you guys..."

"Green onions?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Wasabi?"

"...Yeah."

----

Two days later, the group of work study students finally got their call. Everyone was quick to leave their rooms, meeting in the common area.

"Alright, you too?" Asked Kirishima. Ochaco nodded.

"We got it," said Tsu, looking up from her phone.

"It's happening."

Hanako clenched her fists, a determined look on her face.

'Eri, I'll protect you this time. We'll save you, Eri. I promise!'