第四十七話 | 壊理を救う

"You kids wanna talk big that's fine. But if what Nighteye is saying is for real, that little girl is at the center of Hassaikai's entire underground drug operation. She may have managed to get away from Overhaul for a few minutes, but she got herself seen by a couple of heroes. You think he's still gonna keep her at home after that? Hell, I know I sure wouldn't. And if we go busting into their headquarters and she's not there, they're gonna know that we're on to them. We gotta be sure of where he's hiding her," Rock Lock scoffed.

"He has a point. Do you have a plan for that, Nighteye?" Asked Ryukyu.

"That's our conundrum. Since we currently don't know how far they've taken their plans, the success of our initial strike is crucial. To that end, we've made a thorough list of groups with connections to Hassaikai as well as properties owned by the organization. This is our starting point. I would like you all to investigate each coordinate on this map. It is the most logical way to narrow down our targets," he explained.

"So that's why you asked minor heroes like us to join you," a hero concluded.

"What do you mean?" asked another.

"Go on, look. The heroes in this room all operate in those locales. We know the areas better than most."

"Didn't expect someone who worked with All Might for so long to be such a careful planner! Let's just go bring em down!! While we're taking our sweet time that abused girl is out there crying somewhere!!" Fat Gum shouted.

"We can't do this like All Might would. That's why we must be meticulous about our strategies and predictions from the outset, so we have the highest chance of saving her."

"He's right. We shouldn't rush. If we show our hand and then don't end up rescuing her then we'd just be throwing gas on the fire. Like how Stain's capture was a beacon that lead criminals to seek out and join the league. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they handed out quirk destroying weapons to those hoodlums in order to increase their recruitment," Gran Torino interjected.

"You're thinking too dang much!! If we keep sitting here yapping about it we're never gonna get anything done!!"

"Excuse me," Aizawa spoke up, raining his hand. "I've got a question. I don't know the specifics of your quirk, Nighteye, feel free to correct. But from what I've heard of it, your quirk foresight allows you to see into the future. So why not use it on us? That's logical, right?"

"I'm sorry, but I cannot. My foresight has some limitations. I need a full 24 hours between activations. That means I get one person, then I'm spent for the rest of the day. Additionally, the future is played in my mind like a flashback. Think of it like viewing a film strip. For one hour I have the power to watch a person's life as a movie. The issue is, everything I see is from a tight perspective on the person in question. This severely limits my capacity to interpret context."

"That should still provide more than enough information to be useful, don't you think? And it doesn't explain why you can't do it," Aizawa countered.

"What if I saw imminent death in your near future? Worse, what if it were a cruel, merciless demise? My quirk should be employed only after we've confirmed the highest likelihood of success. Then it can help ensure our victory. It shouldn't be relied upon when there are still too many uncertainties."

"Woah woah woah, hold up, death is still information. If we know what's coming we can figure out how to survive," said Rock Lock.

"You don't understand. It's possible what I see is unavoidable."

"Bro, that's the only excuse you have, for real?? Oh hell no, just use it on me now! I'll show you I can beat death!"

"I can't!"

"...Yeah alright."

Ryukyu sighed at the interaction. "We should get started. There's a child in trouble. That's what's important here."

"We must confirm the girl's location and take her into our protection as soon as possible using the most accurate data. I'm counting on your help, all of you."

----

The UA gang sat at a table, discussing the day's earlier events.

"If only we'd rescued her then. Even if we had to use force. At least she'd be safe," Izuku sulked, lowering his head along with Hanako, who too felt just as bad.

"Aw man, so that's what happened that day? So frustrating!" Said Kirishima.

"We know you tried Deku, Hana..." Ochaco tried to comfort them.

Just then, Aizawa entered the room, walking over to the group.

"Is this a funeral or something?"

"Mr. Aizawa, hello sir," Tsu greeted.

"Ugh, call me Eraserhead outside of school. You know it's just my luck. Before you got involved in this I was going to recommend that your work studies be suspended," Aizawa revealed.

"What?!" The first years collectively gasped.

"Why would you do that??" Kirishima asked.

"You were listening when he said the League of Villains was involved, right? That changes things." Seeing his students faces, he sighed, rubbing the back of his head.

"Here's the deal, Midoriya, you still haven't proven I can trust you again. Unfortunately, I'm positive that if I try to stop you now you'll do something reckless and attempt to take things into your own hands," he started, kneeling down in front of Izuku.

"So I'll watch you. If you're going to see this through you've gotta do it the right way. Use your head," Aizawa fist bumped Izuku's chest lightly, "You hear me, problem child?"

Izuku sniffled, nodding.

"Mirio, please, will you try to smile?" Tamaki spoke up, not wanting to see his best friend so depressed.

"Hey hey, I know what'll help you! Just remember getting frowny and regretting doesn't change things, you know it?" Nejire added.

Mirio also sniffed, wiping his nose.

"Yeah."

"I'll only say this once, in case it gives you a little peace of mind. Just because you didn't hold onto her this time doesn't mean you didn't give Eri hope, so keep looking forward," Aizawa encouraged.

"Right!" Izuku exclaimed, standing up.

"Mr. Aizawa!!" Ochaco cried.

"I said I'm Eraser here."

"I'm your man for the rest of my life, Eraser!!" Kirishima shouted.

"Not interested."

"Sorry!"

"Hey Midoriya, Miyazaki, next time we'll definitely save her," Mirio said determinedly.

"Right, no matter what!" The two chorused.

----

just drinking coffee at 11 pm on a school night tingz 😌✨