第四十五話 | 最初のキス

"This...is sort of nerve wracking," Izuku spoke as multiple people pointed at them, whispering as they walked down the streets.

"What gives? You went out on patrol during your internship, didn't you?" Mirio responded.

"I guess I don't blame you for being shaken after what went down."

"Oh no! It's not that, I just kind of missed out on learning some of the basics so..."

"Yeah, and I actually never got a chance to patrol on my internship..." Hanako added, shivering at the thought of the hell Ultear put her through.

"Yeah? Huh, that must be strange. Ah, don't you worry! Sir and Bubble are actually the ones watching the target today so I can teach you all about patrol duty! We'll get you up to snuff! Just watch and learn my friend!" Mirio exclaimed, striking a pose.

"Hey we forgot something! Our hero names, we should know each other's, right?" Mirio piped.

"Oh, yeah yeah totally! I'm Deku!"

"And I'm Titania!" Added Hanako.

"Deku? Like deck? That's weird. Titania is cool, like the fairy queen! I'm Lemillion, for the number of people I'll save. You know, can't save them all, but I can at least shoot for saving a million instead so that's what I'm doing! When we put on our costumes and start hitting the streets, that's when we become heroes, so don't let your guard down, Deku!"

"Got it, Lemillion!"

The three continued walking, until a small girl ran out from an alley way, bumping into Izuku and falling over.

"Woah I'm sorry," Izuku apologized.

Hanako's eyes widened as she caught a whiff of the girl's scent. She smelled fear, and lots of it.

"You took a tumble." Izuku reached to grab the little girl, but she reeled back in fear.

"Are you okay? Can I help you up?" He asked, picking the girl up, but she was shaking.

"Hey there little one, where are your parents?" Hanako asked, putting on a sweet smile in hopes of comforting the girl.

"You should be more careful," A man's voice came, causing the little girl to flinch, immediately putting Hanako on guard.

"We don't want to cause trouble for the heroes."

The three tensed upon seeing the man. It was him, Kai Chisaki.

"I hope you'll forgive my daughter here. I don't know what to do with her," Chisaki said, giving an obviously fake smile.

"Always playing rough, bumping into things."

Mirio suddenly flipped Izuku's mask above his head so as to cover his identity.

"Whoopsie daisy, looks like that darn mask fell off again! You might wanna think about getting it resized my friend. I'm so sorry about that! It was our fault too. I know that mask! You must be from the Hassaikai, right? You guys are famous around here," spoke Mirio.

"Yeah, please don't mind the mask. It keeps out the filth. I don't believe I've seen you three in the area before."

"Right, but we're still pretty new but you probably already guessed that much. Now on your feet, partner! Can't do much hero-ing from down there!"

"So, what agency do you belong to?" Chisaki asked.

"We're only students! Far too lowly to be claiming association with an agency! We're just using our agencies to get some experience. Speaking of which, we need to finish patrolling this division by lunch. Come on, let's go!" Mirio motioned to the two, who remained in their spots.