第四十九話 | 分捕る

After making their way through the lackeys outside, the group was finally in the Hassaikai stronghold.

"I haven't seen any signs of suspicious activity yet!" Fat Gum shouted.

"Yeah bro, same here. But hey, we're in it now right?" Rock Lock responded. "We got no choice but to see it through."

"Is it possible that somebody leaked our plans for the raid? There must be a reason they all came pouring out like that," Tamaki spoke.

"No, if there had been a leak, I think they would be fighting more cohesively. Groups like this are used to working together."

"There's nothing that matters more to these guys than their bond with their boss and their brothers. Being part of the underworld only makes loyalty that much more sacred to them. All those people outside, but we haven't caught sight of the top brass yet. They're probably underground hiding, getting ready to flee," Aizawa explained.

"How's that supposed to be loyalty?! Forcing their henchmen to fight while running away isn't manly at all!" Kirishima seethed.

"Right, how cowardly," Hanako added.

Soon enough, Nighteye stopped.

"This is it," he said, referring to a small opening in the wall which held a flower vase. "There's a device here that opens a hidden passage." Nighteye removed the vase before pressing down the floorboards in a certain order, explaining that that was how you opened the secret passage.

A hand suddenly appeared, grabbing onto the door before a group of lackeys came spilling out, yelling battle cries as they attacked.

Centipeder took care of two of them whilst Bubble Girl handled the third.

"We'll make sure these guys don't follow. You go on ahead!" She shouted.

"You heard her," Nighteye spoke.

"We'll catch up when we can!"

"We're almost there, hurry!" Said Nighteye as the group traveled down a small staircase.

"It looks like a dead end!" There was a wall blocking their path.

"So much for your foresight Nighteye!" Rock Lock complained.

"Hold on, let me go take a look," Mirio started, taking off his helmet.

"Lemillion if you go, you'll be naked!" Kirishima spoke.

"It's okay, Mirio's costume was constructed from a special fiber made of his own hair. It's designed so it becomes permeable when he activates his quirk," Tamaki explained as Mirio permeated through the wall.

Both Hanako's and Kimi's eyes widened as they suddenly sensed something.

"Mirio look out!!" Cried Hanako as both she and Kimi made a run for it. But Kimi made it there first, pushing Mirio out of the way just in time before a magic circle activated.

"What the-what the hell is that?!" Rock Lock yelled.

Hanako's eyes widened as she read the message in a language foreign to the others aloud.

"The person trapped in this circle may not leave until a winner is decided, or until one dies..." she trailed off.

Kimi turned to Hanako as her body seemed to be disappearing.

"Don't worry about me," she reassured, smiling.

"KIMI!!!" Hanako reached out at the last second, but Kimi was already gone.

"No..." Izuku breathed out, watching with a horrified expression.

"She's...gonna be okay, right Fat Gum?" Kirishima asked, just as shaken up.