第二十二話 | 夢

Hanako panted heavily, clutching her injured arm that had begun to bleed profusely. She let out a loud cry as tears streamed endlessly down her face. She was hurting all over, both physically and mentally.

"No..." she choked out as more tears made their way down her face.

Twenty.

That's how many dead, lifeless corpses lay in front of her. Each one painfully recognizable.

"NO!" She screamed again, her pupils shaking as sweat dripped down her face, mixing with her own tears and blood.

All of her friends...

Each one of them had been slaughtered, helpless looks on their faces as their lives had been stolen from them before they even had the chance to blink.

She felt utterly helpless as her family from this world had been brutally snatched away from her.

A deep, maniacal chuckle had snapped her attention up to the monster that had caused the massacre.

The harsh reality of the situation hit the dragon slayer like a train, slamming into her side without hesitation.

All of them were truly dead, gone.

"You..." she growled, clenching her fists until her knuckles began to turn white, blood dripping onto the cold, hard ground as her nails dug deep into her flesh.

Standing in front of the girl was the man she had called 'father' in her early childhood. The one who raised her to become a tool meant for killing, all without showing a single ounce of paternal love.

Everything from his long, dark blue spiky hair to his tattered up clothing. Just looking at him made her want to unleash the animal within her. The animal he had wanted her to be.

However, her eyes trailed over to his right side. Specifically his right arm, or lack thereof. Since when had he lost his right arm? If she recalled correctly, Igneel had taken his left arm instead. Had he lost both arms then?

Her gaze shifted over to his left.

No, she thought. His left arm was perfectly in tact. Had she confused which arm had been cut off?

That wasn't the issue here, she thought.

She furrowed her brows as her white hot rage came flowing back, burning brightly within the depths of her soul.

She was going to kill him. His own tool, used against him. The ultimate cause of his downfall, for the second time.

----

Hanako jolted awake, panting heavily in attempts to catch her breath.

What the hell was that?! A nightmare? It had felt so realistic, and it was as if she could truly feel her own emotions even within the nightmare.

Knock knock!

"Hey, Hanako, are you ready for sch-"

Izuku paused as he noticed the girl's shaken up state. She had broken into a cold sweat and was panting heavily.

"A-are you okay?!" He worried, quickly rushing to her side, all thoughts of being late for school quickly vanishing.

"You're sweating..." he whispered, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

The dragon slayer flinched visibly at his touch, looking at him as if she had just seen a ghost.

An image of a lifeless Izuku laying in pools of his own blood flashed into Hanako's mind as she remembered the god awful dream - no, nightmare she had experienced only a few minutes prior.