第四十話 | 何をしてんだよ?

Recap:

"A villain has completed another large scale attack," said Mera.

"Everyone, this is part of the exam!" Izuku shouted.

"You think so?" Shindou responded.

Hanako smirked, excited to fight.

"I get to see master fight up close! I'm so excited!" Kimi squealed.

"Hey look!" Someone pointed, only for everyone to see a whale man.

"Tell me wannabe heroes, can you rescue people and fight at the same time?"

"That's Gang Orca!" Izuku exclaimed with wide eyes.

A bunch of his lackeys were quick to run after everyone.

"Terrorists have appeared and are beginning to sweep the area. Hero candidates at the scene should continue their rescue efforts while also suppressing the newly arrived villains," Mera explained.

"Now, how will you react? Will you fight or protect? Help or run away? What would a hero do?"

----

"Get everyone to safety!" Shindou yelled, running at Gang Orca's lackeys.

"Shindou, wait-!" Izuku called.

"Do it! Get them as far away from the villains as possible!"

"Right."

"I'll start hammering away at the henchmen at 1 second intervals!" Said Shindou, using his quirk to break the ground.

Suddenly, Gang Orca appeared in front of him.

"Nice try." Using his sound waves, Gang Orca was able to knock Shindou out.

"Shindou!" Izuku shouted.

"A single rear guard to hold us back? You've underestimated me."

Gang Orca walked toward Shindou, but turned around and used his quirk once more to stop ice that came his way.

"Todoroki!"

"Midoriya! Are you evacuating? We'll help!" Came Ojiro's voice, Mina and Tokoyami following close behind him.

"Hey, where have you guys been?" Izuku questioned.

"We found hurt people over by the river. Everybody else ran to the city first so we were searching on the outskirts. Yaoyorozu and Asui stayed behind to search for survivors, but we couldn't stand by and watch these villains do this," Ojiro explained as Shouto froze the ground and feet of the henchmen.

"Your power is nothing!" Gang Orca shouted, countering Shouto's ice with his quirk.

"Guess I know why he's number ten..."

A gust of wind caused Shouto to look up, revealing Inasa.

"I'm gonna blow you evildoers away!!" He yelled, destroying Shouto's ice with his wind.

"A second villain attack! Man they really pulled out all the stops for us didn't they!!"

Shouto and Inasa made eye contact, the latter glaring at the former.

"Of course you're here too..." Inasa trailed off.

"Why don't you go help with the first aid station instead?? Your quirk would be good for that! I'll take care of him," said Shouto. But Inasa was dead set on stopping Gang Orca.

'Here they come,' Gang Orca thought as Shouto used his fire and Inasa used his wind.

However, the two powers cancelled each other out, causing Shouto's fire to miss Gang Orca completely, instead going around him thanks to Inasa's wind.