第六十一話 | 外出

A few days after the school festival had passed, everything was back to normal, meaning school was back in session. Currently, it was the weekend, so Katsuki and Shouto were once again back at the dorm.

Hanako was sitting outside, thinking to herself. She was slightly worried about Touka and the white wizard, who had yet to wake up from their comatose states. She sighed, looking at her phone. No new notifications.

"Do you mind if I sit?" Came a voice. It was Shouto.

"Ah, not at all," Hanako replied, scooting from her seat on the front steps to make room for him. He sat down, looking at her.

"You seem stressed," he pointed out. Hanako frowned.

"A little..."

Shouto put a reassuring hand on her shoulder, an action which relaxed the girl slightly.

"You can tell me what's bothering you."

"Well...it's complicated."

"It's alright, take your time if you need to," he reassured.

Hanako took a deep breath, preparing to tell Shouto everything. And so she did, from Touka and the white wizard to finding out she had a brother.

Shouto furrowed his brows out of concern.

"I see...that all sounds so stressful. I can understand why you're so upset right now, it takes time to process these things. But just remember, I'm here for you."

Hanako couldn't help but smile. "Thank you."

"There's something I wish to talk with you about, if that's okay," Shouto started.

"Of course!"

"There's this girl I like. She's really beautiful, both inside and out. And I don't know how to tell her how I feel," Shouto admitted.

"Ah...I'm not the best at giving this kind of advice, but I guess, just be honest with her. I'm sure she'll like you back. Any girl would be lucky to have you," Hanako said, smiling.

Shouto nodded, smiling fondly at the dragon slayer. "...It's you," he revealed.

Hanako stopped.

"Wha...?"

"It's you, you're the one I like."

"Um...Shouto, listen...I don't know how to put this but I-"

"I understand. You don't reciprocate my feelings, do you?"

"No no! It's not like that! It's just, someone else, I mean - somebody already confessed to me and, well I don't exactly know what I feel for that person just yet, and the same goes for you. I...don't know how I feel about this. My feelings are just all jumbled up right now..."

'What Katsuki said was right. There are other people who like me. But I never would have guessed Shouto was one of them...'

"Was it Bakugou?"

"I - what?"

"Sorry...it's just, I followed you that one night and overheard your conversation with him. I apologize, but I had a bad feeling."

"Oh...it's okay. I knew you were following us that night but I was too nervous to comment on it. And yeah, it was Katsuki."

"There's just one thing I have to know."

"Hm?"

"How did he do it?"

"What?"

"How did he confess to you? Knowing him, he's too rowdy for his own good. Did he touch you? Hurt you?"