You deserve happiness

Before this start let me tell you that, this is kinda angsty, this idea suddenly popped up in my mind so I type it away.

Kai stared at the invitation card he received in the mail. His heart hurts and all he wanted to do was turn back time and tell him how much he loved him but now he has to give the love of his life to another person.

He reads the sentence on the invitation card, "You are invited to Ahn Bo-Hyun and Oh Sehun's wedding at the  Westside Church this Sunday". Kai took a deep breath not wanting to accept the reality.

But then again, he was glad that Sehun is going to be this man who puts Sehun first, who is always there for Sehun and who is giving the happiness and love he deserves. The man who can give Sehun everything Kai couldn't. Teardrops roll down his cheeks at a memory of them flashed in his mind.

Flashback

"Sehun" Kai called. The younger turn his gaze from the lake to Kai. "Yes?" he answered. "You see that church over there?" Kai pointed at the church across the lake. Sehun nods. "We're going to get married there one day," Kai said proudly while the latter blinks at him.

"Really? So are you going to propose to me?"  Sehun asked excitedly. "Yes, in the future, I'm going to propose you in the most romantic way that everyone is going to be jealous." Kai patted Sehun's head.

"You promise?" Sehun held out his pinky finger. "Yes, I promise." Kai linked their fingers.

Flashback ends

"I wish I could've kept the promise" Kai muttered under his breath. Soon he found himself walking to a place where he doesn't feel lonely. He crouches down as he places the flower bouquet near the name.

"Ma, he's getting married soon," Kai pauses and smiled softly. "But not with me. I'm glad that his fiance is making him happy though. I'm losing myself Ma. I can't think of what to do anymore." his voice cracks.

"Ma, please guide me." Kai pleaded to his mother who can no longer comfort him. Endless tears fall as he hugged himself soon it started raining. "Thank you Ma, I gotta go." he walks away in the rain, his tears, and raindrops mixing.

He passed by the cafe' which Sehun and he used to come, but this time he saw Sehun and his fiance at the cafe together. He watched as the waitress placed their orders, Sehun took a sip of his hot chocolate, his eyes turn into crescents because he is happy with the taste.

His fiance kissed Sehun's cheeks with his arms around his waist. Kai was glad that his innocent boy was treated like a baby. His heart clenched that he wasn't the one with Sehun, he wishes that he was the reason behind that smile. That smile he adored.

It's been over a year since both of them walked out of each other's lives because of the decision Kai made. Kai regrets but at the same time he did the right thing for everyone around him.  As long as Sehun is happy he is happy too.

Flashback

Sehun took a sip of his chocolate milk, leaving a small amount of whipped cream on his upper lips. He turned to Kai who was eating his cheesecake. "Look I have a mustache" Sehun laughed at himself.

"I'm gonna kiss that mustache away come here" Kai leaned in and kiss Sehun's lips which taste like chocolate, Sehun giggled because Kai also now has whipped cream on his lips. Kai took his phone out taking a selfie of them with whipped cream on their lips.

Flashback ends

When he gets home he saw his cousin Yixing in the living room with the invitation card in his hands. "Are you going?" Yixing asked. "I want to go, I want to see him smile with happiness in his eyes," Kai answered.