Tattoo - Scott

You were sitting on what was left of the front porch of your childhood home. The wood was rotted and burnt, but you were sitting in one of the few places it was still intact.

You were looking out into the preserve, it was just as you remembered it. You smiled fondly at the memories of you and your siblings playing in the preserve when you were younger.

You were torn from your thoughts when you heard a branch snap to your right. You turned your head quickly and saw two boys walking towards your old house.

One of the boys, the one with dark hair and pale skin, was still talking while the other, the one with brown hair and tan skin, met your gaze.

"Scott? What are you—," the pale skinned boy looked at you, "oh."

You swallowed the lump in your throat and smiled nervously, "Hi, may I ask what you two are doing here?"

The tan boy, who you now knew to be Scott, spoke, "We don't mean any trouble, we're just meeting someone here."

"Oh, okay."

The other boy spoke, "Well, what are you doing here?"

You looked at him, "Just being sentimental I guess."

Scott furrowed his eyebrows, "What did you say your name was?"

"I didn't, but it's (y/n)."

"I'm Scott."

"And I'm Stiles."

You smiled a little, "It was nice to meet you both, but I guess I'll be going. I wouldn't want to interrupt your meeting."

As you stood up, Scott noticed the tattoo on your ankle, "You have a tattoo? Aren't you in high school?"

"Oh um, it's kind of a long story that I'd rather not get into."

"Well, what is it?"

You looked down at it and then turned your leg so he could see it better, "It's a triskelion. It symbolizes different ranks, and how no matter where we fall, we can work hard and rise one, but also be lazy or mess up and fall to another."

The boys were dumbfounded and just stared at you.

"Umm, is something wrong?"

Scott still looked at you in disbelief, "You're a Hale."

You grew cold and defensive, "How do you know that? Who are you with?"

Stiles was genuinely curious and questioned you, "When did you get to Beacon Hills? We've never seen or heard of you."

You stepped closer to them as you grew angrier, "You didn't answer me. Who are you with and how did you know I was a Hale?"

Scott spoke calmly, "Hey (y/n), relax. We're with Derek, and I know he has the same tattoo."

Your facial expression softened, "Derek? My brother Derek?"

"Yeah, he's the one we're meeting here. He's in my pack."

Almost on cue, you heard a deep voice from behind Scott and Stiles, "Who are you two talking to?"

Scott and Stiles turned to face him and moved out of the way so he could see you.

Tears filled your eyes, "Derek?"

Derek looked at you in disbelief, "(Y/n)? Is that really you?"

You smiled as tears ran down your face and nodded. You immediately ran to him and jumped into his arms, engulfing each other in a big bear hug.

He held onto you tighter as he spoke, "I thought you were dead."

"And I thought you were dead."

He pulled away from the embrace and looked at you, "When did you get here?"

"This morning. I was just, drawn back here, I don't really know why."

Derek looked at Scott and Stiles, "How did you find her?"

Stiles shrugged, "She was sitting on the porch when we got here, and then she nearly killed us when Scott recognized her tattoo."

You laughed a little, "Yeah, um, sorry about that. It's hard to know who to trust these days, especially for us."

Scott smiled at you, "It's okay."

You smiled back and looked down as you felt your cheeks heat up a little.

Derek looked back at you, "You can join us in the meeting, and then I'll take you home."

"Sounds good."

He walked in the house with Stiles trailing behind him and talking nonstop about something, while you walked in behind them with Scott.

"You know, I wasn't going to kill you guys. Maybe maim, or seriously injure, but not kill."

Scott laughed a little, "Well that's comforting."

You laughed a little before continuing, "But seriously, I didn't mean to come across as rude or, well, violent."

"Don't apologize, I understand."

"Thank you, I really appreciate that."

You smiled at each other as Stiles called out to the two of you, "Are you guys coming or what? You can flirt later!"

Your cheeks immediately turned a shade of pink, and Scott's did too.

You looked at him, "We should probably go."

"Yeah, good idea."

You both walked into the old living room as Derek glared at Scott and Stiles winked at you.

You internally face palmed. What an interesting dynamic you found yourself in, all over a tattoo.
______________________________

Well well well, it's been a HOT minute since I updated, but here we are. I want to try and update more often since I'll be on break soon, so we'll see how that goes.

This one is meh, but it's not the worst. So anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed it! Thanks for reading! <3