Puppy Love - Derek

You had spent the day running errands and were finally on your way back to the loft.

In order to avoid traffic, you took some of the back roads that were right next to the preserve. As you were driving, you saw something moving on the side of the road, near the trees. You thought it was a deer, so you slowed down just in case it ran out into the road.

Once you slowed down and pulled up next to the animal, you noticed it wasn't a deer, but a dog. So, you did what anyone would do, you put the car in park and got out.

You slowly walked to the edge of the preserve and started calling out to the dog, "Hey, come here, come here buddy."

The dog looked at you with its ears up and started slowly walking closer.

You smiled, "That's it, good boy, come here."

You put your hand out and the dog sniffed it for a little bit before wagging his tail and pressing his body up against your legs.

You slowly knelt down and the dog became more excited, wagging his tail faster and licking your hand.

You laughed a little and pet him, "You're so sweet, what are you doing out here all by yourself?"

You looked and noticed the dog didn't have a collar, and that he was a little skinnier than he should of been, "Aww you poor baby, you were probably left out here. Don't worry, I'm taking you home."

You opened the back door on your car and the dog jumped into the back seat and laid down. You then got into the driver's seat, and continued your drive home.

Once you got home, you opened the back door of your car and the dog jumped out. He happily followed you into the building, up the stairs, and to the loft.

You slid the door open just a little bit so only your face was visible, "Derek?"

Derek looked at you from his spot on the couch and then started walking over to you, "You were gone for so long I was starting to get worried," he tried to look out the door, "what are you doing?"

You were trying to hide your excitement, "I have a surprise! Promise me you won't get mad."

He crossed his arms and just looked at you, "Depends what this surprise is."

"Okay, so," you opened the door all the way and the dog ran over to Derek, wagging his tail so quickly that his entire body was wiggling, "I found him on the side of the road by the preserve all by himself. I couldn't just leave him there!"

The dog was running and hopping around Derek, trying to get his attention.

"He looks like a pitbull to me, and since he's white I was thinking of naming him Ghost. What do you think?"

Derek looked down at the dog and then at you, "(Y/n), are you serious?"

Your smile faded, "What? You don't like him?"

"He seems like a great dog, but we can't keep him."

You crossed your arms, "And why not?"

"I love dogs, but I just don't want one. Plus, it's going to be a lot of work."

"Oh come on, he needs a good home and I'm more than willing to put in the work for that."

"(Y/n) . . .", he trailed off.

"You know, it'd also be nice having some company every time you leave to deal with your supernatural business."

You just looked at him as he thought.

He sighed and smiled slightly, "Okay okay, I guess we can keep him."

You smiled and hugged him, "Thank you Derek, because if you said no I wouldn't have listened anyway."

He laughed a little, "Of course you wouldn't have."

You kissed him quickly and then looked at Ghost, who was sitting patiently at your feet, "Now I'm going to go give him a bath. We'll take him to the animal clinic tomorrow and have Deaton check him out."

You pulled away from Derek and got Ghost settled into his new home.

You gave him a bath, gave him some of your leftover food since you didn't have dog food yet, and then began looking for some spare blankets and even a makeshift toy for the time being.

You found a few spare blankets upstairs for Ghost to sleep with, and even a tennis ball lying around for him to play with.

You went to walk downstairs to give Ghost his stuff, but you stopped at the top when you heard Derek talking.

You looked over the railing, and saw Derek sitting on the floor with Ghost laying in his lap.

"You're not so bad, you're actually pretty sweet."

You smiled and kept watching.

"People don't usually like pitbulls, but you're just misunderstood," he laughed a little, "I guess that makes two of us because people don't usually like werewolves either."

"But you know, you're lucky (y/n) found you. I'm lucky she found me too. She sees the good in people and animals like us."

After he said that, you walked downstairs and looked at him with a smile on your face.

"I thought you didn't want him?"

Derek looked at you and then at the sleeping dog in his lap, "Well, I changed my mind. We have a lot in common."

You sat down next to him and hugged his torso while he put his arm around you.

"I know you were listening to me by the way. I heard your heartbeat at the top of the stairs."

You buried your face in his side, "I didn't think you'd notice."

He smiled, "I notice everything."

He lifted your face so you were looking at him, "I meant everything I said. I'm so lucky to have you, (y/n). I love you."

"I love you too Derek."

He kissed you, and you rested your foreheads together afterwards.

As you sat there like that, all of a sudden Ghost got up and began licking both of your faces like crazy, causing you both to laugh.

You were so excited for this new chapter in your life with Derek.
______________________________

This one is pretty long but I think it's super cute! Derek with a dog is the cutest thing ever, no one can tell me otherwise.

I hope you guys liked it as much as I did! Thanks for reading <3