11| Best Friend Hug

Y/N POV

I was on my way to return Hermione's book that she lent me the other day. I found her with Harry and Ron, also the keeper from Gryffindor in the courtyard.

A group of Slytherins approached them, the Quidditch team to be precise. They looked like they were having an argument after Draco showed up. What was he doing there? He never told me he was in for Quidditch.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little mudblood!" He spat to Hermione.

Ron tried to cast a spell on Draco but failed miserably, the spell turned back to him. Draco and the other Slytherins laughed at Ron.

I hurriedly walked towards them. Draco saw me and thought it was a good time to greet me with a smile after calling my friend a mudblood.

"There you're, I've been looking for you all day Y/N." He smiled.

"Look I got to be a seeker," he said proudly. His smile drowned as soon as he noticed the look on my face.

"What did you say to her? Take it back!" I yelled.

"No, it's a fact Y/N," he refused calmly trying not to snap at me but I didn't care.

Even though he was saying the fact, he could've said it another way. I walked to Hermione to apologize to her before giving back her book.

Time to handle the git now.

"Now you go with me," I said in anger, pulling Draco away with me. None of the Slytherins dared to stop me, thank you, mom and dad, for giving me this powerful last name.

"I've got a practice to do Y/N, please?" He pleaded.

"No."

I pulled his wrist and walk faster. I saw the corner of his mouth lifted up. Was he enjoying this?

No one was in the common room when I brought him there.

"Can you stop smiling? This is not the right time to smile like an idiot. I've warned you like a hundred times to not call Hermione a mudblood! Why are you being so cruel! You hurt her feeling, you idiot!" I snapped.

He chuckled. In this very situation? How could he?

"Do you think it's funny huh? Hurting someone's feeling isn't funny!" I smacked his arm several times even though I knew he wouldn't feel any pain from the smack. I should've asked my parents to take me to a martial arts lesson last holiday!

"Y/N please stop. You're hurting me," he begged. I stopped for a moment and continued hitting him again.

"You're hurting my feeling," he corrected.

I stopped, still glaring at him. How the hell did I hurt his feeling?

"Right, sorry...but you're still wrong," I apologised.

"Apology accepted. But seriously Y/N, you look so cute when you're mad. Should've shown me this more often," he giggled.

"Why is it suddenly about me now?"

"Okay, okay...I'm sorry about your muggle-born friend. I was just saying the truth, you cannot change the fact that she is a muggle-born," he said, emphasising the words, muggle-born and cannot.

"You should apologise to her," I muttered.

"You did it for me, didn't you?"

At this point, I knew exactly that he would never take that pride off to apologise to Hermione. Draco was impossible.

I groaned in frustration and sat on the couch then he followed me to sit beside me.

"Don't you have anything else to say to me? Like maybe congratulate me for making the team?" He started.

Oh right, he never told me about joining the Quidditch team and now he was casually asking me to congratulate him. How unbelievable.

"You never told me anything about it."

"It was supposed to be a surprise."

"You do know how I see Quidditch as a deadly dangerous game that can take your life rather than a cool and fair sport thing, right?"

"Are you worried about me dying in a match?" He smirked.

"Of course I am, I have considered you as a best friend to me."

"Really? Then I promise you that it won't happen...I mean me dying won't happen" he assured me.

"Now what about saying congratulations Draco and maybe a congratulation hug too?" He sent me his iconic sly smirk while raising one of his eyebrows.

"A hug?" I ridiculed him.

"Just a best friend hug," he confirmed.

"Fine, just this once, cause you're my best friend," I said as I opened my arm for him.

"Congratulations on making the team Draco, don't die anytime soon cause school would be boring without you," I said while we were hugging and he just giggled.

"That's the strangest wish I ever got," he laughed.

I heard someone footstep entered the common room. I wanted to break the hug but Draco tightened the hug instead.

"What the hell?!" Pansy shouted.

"Stop hugging him, you blood traitor!" She pushed me down the floor.

I groaned in pain but got myself back in a second. She tried to go for my hair again but Draco stopped her.

"Stop it, Parkinson!" Draco shouted causing her to step back a little.

"Y/N you okay?" He asked in concern. I nodded, glaring at Pansy.

"Let me handle this," he declared.

I sighed before leaving the common room to go somewhere else. Maybe I should go to Hermione.

Draco POV

Y/N stomped her feet while leaving our common room. I knew she wanted to punch this ugly female in front of me so bad, but that would make her got into trouble.

I could've had a little more nice time with her if this bitch had never come and disturbed us. I was in a good mood earlier, but Parkinson came and ruined everything.

"Why did you push her?" I interrogated her.

"She's hugging you!" She yelled.

"I asked her for a hug. Is that a problem for you? What are you? My girlfriend? I'm not even friends with you!"

"Is she your girlfriend then? No, she isn't!"

"She is my best friend, so stay away from her," I muttered before leaving her to go to the Quidditch pitch for practice.

•••

I had finished my Quidditch practice. I went to the dorm to clean myself before dinner. There's more time left, Crabbe and Goyle were still taking a turn to shower and Y/N hadn't appeared in the common room yet. I decided to wait for them in the common room when I heard someone mentioned Richards in their conversation.

"Damn, that Richards girl was scary."

"One single mistake, she might get us expelled," someone laughed.

I chuckled a little. Y/N might have the power to expel students in Hogwarts, but she wasn't scary at all. I couldn't help but smile widely as I recalled how her mad face looked so adorable earlier.

"But she got a beauty right there."

"Isn't she taken by that Malfoy?"

"Nah, we still have a chance."

I had never wanted to punch someone so bad in my life after hearing what they were talking about.