21| Friends?

Y/N POV

It was that time of the year again for Quidditch. The current match was between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff which means there was no reason for me to be here watching a bunch of idiots passing and chasing balls.

Draco did it, he begged desperately for me to watch the match with him. I could've said no if I tried a bit harder on rejecting him. But everything changed a little now, somehow I just couldn't reject him.

The weather was not the perfect one for Quidditch yet no one dared to stop it. The game itself was already quite dangerous, even worse with this kind of weather.

Draco looked very excited for this match, hoping that Harry would injure himself worse than before.

He held the umbrella to cover us from the rain. Don't get me wrong, I offered to hold it at first since his arm hadn't fully healed yet but he insisted on holding it.

"You cold?" He asked.

"Not for now. But if I get a fever after this, it's on you," I answered.

"I just have to make sure that won't happen then," he chuckled while casually sling his arm around my shoulder.

"What do you think you're doing Draco?"

"I'm trying to prevent you from catching a cold." What a dumb excuse.

"Sure, whatever," I rolled my eyes.

We were waiting for the match to start when someone came to watch the game beside me. It was a boy who I was familiar with, Blaise Zabini.

"Hi Y/N," he greeted.

Draco turned to look at the boy who greeted me. And right before I could say hello to Blaise back, Draco suddenly asked me to switch place. I asked him why and he just said he wanted to have a proper view of the game which didn't make any sense at all. However, I still agreed to switch place. In the end, I only got to give Blaise a smile before Draco started complaining again.

•••

I never regretted my decision for hating Quidditch that much. Most of the players who played in the previous Quidditch match got injured due to the bad weather. And the Dementors. I knew something bad would happen with those Dementors around. Everyone here was mental for letting a school to be a temporary house to one of the foulest creatures in the world.

Everyone was talking about how awful that incident was. I thought about visiting Harry cause he had kind of saved my life before. It would be rude of me if I didn't pay a visit. Draco would surely be furious and prohibit me to visit Harry in every single way possible. So I didn't tell him about it and went to visit Harry right away, alone.

"Hi Harry," I greeted.

Hermione and Ron were there too. They turned to look at me and I smiled which was only returned by Hermione. Couldn't blame Ron, I didn't do anything when Draco bullied them. He must be confused about my friendly act just now.

"Hi Y/N! Do you need any treatment? Madam Pomfrey is still treating the others, it may take a while," Hermione greeted.

"And...you're alone? What a surprise," Hermione added.

"No, I'm here to visit an injured friend," I replied while pointing at Harry.

"And yes, I'm alone. You know he would stop me from going if I told him," I added.

"I...I'm your friend?" Harry asked nervously.

"I suppose so and Ron, I have also considered you as a friend of mine," I smiled awkwardly to Harry then Ron.

How confident of me. What if they don't want to be friends with me?

Thank Lord, Harry's eyes said the otherwise. I didn't know about Ron, but I thought he was okay with it. Hermione was very glad to see me finally became friends with her best friends.

We talked about random things as we weren't that close yet. Hermione carried the conversation most of the times because she was like the intermediary between me and the boys.

I bid them goodbyes and went straight to the Slytherin's common room. I had left for a few hours, I wished no one had noticed that.

Curse my thought, it always happened to be the opposite. Draco was standing near a table in our common room, demanding an explanation of my whereabouts. I didn't even know why I owed him an explanation, it wasn't like we were tied by something.

"I don't want to lie. I'll tell you the truth, but please stay calm," I said, motioning him to sit on the couch with me.

He let out a long sigh before walking towards the couch and sat beside me. Then he shot me a look of impatient, asking me to speak right away.

"I was at the hospital wing," I started.

"Did you catch a fever because of the rain?" He asked, touching my forehead using his left hand shortly. I couldn't help but blush a little. No one, other than my parents, had touched my face before.

"Um...no. I came to see Har— Potter," I said nervously. Why was I nervous? Anyway, better to address Harry as Potter right now since Draco was probably going to be upset about what I just said.

"You what?" He raised his tone a little.

"I'm friends with Potter now, also with the Weasley in our year," I admitted. He was going to be mad for sure.

"I don't wanna hear more than this, I'll be mad at you," he sighed.

There was no way I called myself his best friend for nothing. This was when I should take the advantage of him being the nice guy to me. It was now or never.

"But Draco..., you can't be mad at me," I muttered and he took the bait.

"How can you be so sure?" He smirked.

"Look who's smiling now?" I giggled.

"Ah, this is depressing," he groaned lightly as he rested his head on the couch.

"Y/N, do you realise what you're doing? They are not in Slytherin," he reminded me.

"They're good people, I can assure you that."

"But Potter? Really? Out of many other people," he groaned.

"See you at dinner," I said before going back to my dormitory.

There were 2 hours left before dinner. I decided to continue reading a book to kill time. Pansy was also in the dorm. She had probably eavesdropped on my conversation with Draco earlier. Pansy sent me a disgusted look as if I was some kind of disgusting monster. I glared back at her, trying to intimidate which was successful. She turned her back to me immediately.

I was reading a muggle novel called Romeo and Juliet. Not really my genre, but Hermione highly recommended it to me with some other books by William Shakespeare. I guessed he was a famous author in the muggle world. Actually, I had almost finished the book. I could say that muggles were imbeciles, really. Well, maybe some weren't, cause they invented the internet.

But to those who believed such things as 'love', to the point that they were willing to sacrifice themselves for their 'love', were peabrain. Like, what was the point? I would rather not fall in love for the rest of my life if love really worked that way.

I saw Pansy got up from her bed and fixed her hair in front of the mirror. Who was she dressed up for? Oh right, it was Draco, obviously.

"What are you looking at?" She spat.

"He will never be interested in you, get a life, Pansy."

"He will." She declared before sending me a glare. "So you need to back off."

Well, at least I had tried to warn her.

A/n
Thank you for 1k🥰🥰