134| Treacherous Deals

Draco POV

I just could not comprehend how Y/N used her common sense to think. The second I realised she was out of bed in the middle of the night, my heart raced with agitation, pumping in and out as it consumed my whole being. The red substance seeped through the fibre of our bedsheet. The only emotions I felt the next second was sheer rage and worry. I didn't even know how I would react if I saw her bathing in blood in the bathroom right now.

"Y/N Richards! Open the fucking door!"

"NO! I've said I don't wanna talk to you unless—"

Merlin, this girl is stressing me out!

I pulled my hair in frustration. I so wished I could scream at Y/N for being selfish, not considering how I felt about her hurting herself. No, yelling at an already sulking baby would not solve anything; she would get even crankier. I did not want to have her shed another drop of blood.

"Right! I'll tell you, Y/N. I'll tell you everything, just don't hurt yourself again . . . please, darling."

"What do—I mean, go on, tell me whatever you're hiding again," her voice echoed as I leaned against the door to hear her more clearly. At least, if I wasn't in person to hold her to help soothe me, hearing her soft voice was enough.

"I'm not going to Hogwarts."

My words flew out to be wrapped in a somewhat hoarse whisper. "I'm sor—"

Y/N opened the door suddenly, which made me almost fall towards her—thanks to my quick reflex, I did not. Her petite figure was draped in a white Victorian nightgown; it seemed like she had changed since the lace pattern of the dress bosom looked slightly different from what I remembered she wore to bed earlier.

It took me less than a second to roll her sleeves up, checking where the hell the source of the blood that stained our sheet was. However, I couldn't even find a single scratch on her arms. Did she hurt herself somewhere else? Perhaps her legs?

"I just got my period," she blurted.

"Wha—"

"Are we not going back to Hogwarts?" Her breath caught a halt.

No, I don't wanna make you cry again.

"Y/N, uh—well, I—"

"Are we not?!" She yelled.

"You are," I assured her before relocating my gaze to the marble floor where her feet stood. "But I'm not."

"That's even worse!"

Silence. Nothing but utter silence took the place of the empty atmosphere surrounding us. Confusion loaded my head, unable to fathom what else I was supposed to say in this situation.

When her feet took one step closer to me, her arms grasped the collar of my pyjama with some kind of force too strong for my little witch. Our eyes met and stayed for the longest time after the meeting. I wanted to be happy about it since it meant my dearest girl had allowed me to complete her heart once again. But what I saw right now were tears, reddening the sclera, swelling the lids of her orbs.

"Please lie to me," she cracked her melodic tone in a faint whisper. Disappointment coloured her eyes when I decided to be temporarily muted.

"Why?" She tugged on my pyjamas. "You asked me to stay and I'm staying, Draco . . . but now you want me to leave?"

"I'm not asking you to leave me, Y/N."

"You are!" She shouted, wiping the tears that cascaded down her face by herself.