58| Black Valentine

Draco POV

Mudblood Granger slapped my hand off Y/N's and her other lamebrain friends glared at me as if I was the one who hurt my girlfriend. Now, why would I do that? Those imbeciles hurriedly asked Y/N if she was okay and Scarhead never took his eyes off me, sending me his puny glare. Did he think he could intimidate me with that weak stare?

"Get out from here. I need to talk to my girlfriend alone!" I snapped.

"No!" Granger argued.

Well, screw them. If they wanted to stay and watch some couple quarrelling then be it.

"Y/N answer me, did you hurt yourself?" I asked again. Those Gryffindors froze and backed away a little. Finally, learning the situation, eh?

"No," she muttered, looking down at her hands.

"Don't lie to–"

"She's not lying!" Potter shouted. "And don't talk to her like that!"

I was speechless. How did he know that she wasn't lying? I moved my eyes to look at Weasley and Granger. They looked down to the ground immediately. They knew about it, didn't they? They bloody knew and I, her boyfriend, was left behind. What the hell was wrong in this situation? I couldn't believe this.

"Stop acting like you're her boyfriend!" I yelled, pushing Potter away.

"Both of you, tell me what did she do to get those cuts," I ordered.

Granger and Weasley were exchanging glances nervously at each other and I still had my patience with them, hoping to get an answer soon. However, I was losing it when I saw my very own girlfriend trying to send a signal to her friends, possibly telling them not to reveal anything.

I let out a dry laugh which instantly drew everyone's attention. Y/N looked at me sadly, confusion and guilt in her eyes. If I wasn't controlled by anger, I would've apologised and hugged her right away. However, she was really in the wrong today.

"Do you ever consider me your boyfriend Y/N? Do you ever love me?"

"Why are you asking me those questions? Of course I–"

"Then why are you always hiding important things from me?! You let your friends know about everything and always keep it away from me. Tell me how can I not doubt everything now?"

"Draco, it's for the better. Trust–"

"Just wow Y/N. You're talking about trust now? You're not in the place to tell me that!" I yelled.

"Oh fuck this relationship. We need a break."

"No," she muttered as tears started forming in her eyes.

"Tell you what Potter, you may finally have a chance to ask her out," I hissed on my way out of the hospital wing. I slammed the door harshly as anger boiled in me.

I heard her cries from outside the door. It hurt me to hear her crying because of me but I was already hurt and this was nothing compared to my pain when she hid things from me...right? How could she trust her friends more than she trusted me? It was only me, I should've known it. From the beginning, it had always been me who fell for her. Only me.

I rushed to her room to get my things out and moved back to the boys' dormitory where I was supposed to stay in the first place. Zabini bombarded me with questions about her and it pained me even more just to hear someone mentioning her name over and over again.

"I'm not her boyfriend anymore!" I shouted, causing everyone to turn their head to us and gasped in disbelief. Murmured filled the common room within seconds, mostly girls though.