57| The Cuts

Y/N POV

Draco and I were snogging in the empty corridor when suddenly a sea of people strolled passed us to go to the courtyard. I wanted to see what was happening but Draco wanted to do something else instead. He held my chin to make me looked at him in the eyes.

"Come on, we aren't finished yet," he spoke, pulling me into another kiss. His tongue played around my mouth while his hands were holding my head to deepen the kiss. We were panting for some oxygen once the kiss was over.

"Shall we take this to the bedroom, love?" He smirked, licking his lower lip while staring at me. I knew that he was hot but he didn't have to show me that now.

"No way lustful boy, let's see what happened in the courtyard," I refused, pulling his wrist to go to see what had caught people's attention.

"Whoa...did you really just call me that?" He laughed.

"You heard it right," I said, kept walking to the courtyard.

"Oh wow Y/N, just wow. You do realise who's responsible for this right?"

"Shut up Draco," I replied in embarrassment. He was enjoying this, the dirty teasing.

We pushed through the crowd to see what was happening in the courtyard. I saw Trelawney with her trunks in the middle of the courtyard along with Umbridge who was holding some sort of paper. I asked a Hufflepuff boy who stood beside me what was happening between the women. He was a bit hesitant telling me that Trelawney was being fired by Umbridge. Later, I found out that he startled because Draco was giving him a deadly glare.

"Stop being mean to others," I whispered to Draco.

"Stop talking to other boys," he whispered back while his fingers were tickling the side of my waist.

Jealous boy. Sometimes his sense of jealousy was outrageous. How could he get jealous when I was just asking another boy a question?

Trelawney was begging Umbridge to not fire her. Not gonna lie, I felt sorry for her even though she was constantly reminding me that I would experience bad things in the future. Draco, on the other hand, was enjoying this show so much that I caught him chuckling lightly when Trelawney started crying lowly in McGonagall's arms.

Dumbledore then came and saved the day. He couldn't cancel Trelawney's dismissal but at least she still got to stay in Hogwarts for now. I could tell that Umbridge was very upset and against Dumbledore's decision but she couldn't do anything about that because the old man Albus was the headmaster. Students were told to go back to their dorm and Draco was so happy that we finally got to go back to our room.

•••

I didn't have a proper sleep and ended up staying awake since 3 am this morning. Meanwhile, Draco was sleeping soundly beside me and I didn't want to make the same mistake again. I held the urge to trail his face with my fingers so he wouldn't wake up anytime soon. He must've been exhausted planning the perfect date while holding the responsibility of being a prefect.

I decided to get ready earlier for today since I couldn't go back to sleep.

It was already 9 am and Draco was still in the dreamland. I was starting to think that he was the true sleepyhead here.

"Draco wake up!" I yelled for a hundredth time today. It was Valentine's day and he wouldn't wake up from his sleep.

"I'm starving so you better wake up soon," I blurted and he woke up within seconds. I missed dinner yesterday because Umbridge happened to be in a bad mood last night and she made me took the blame. My left hand hurt so bad and I felt dizzy from the hunger and blood loss.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, I'll be ready in a second," he said, kissing my cheek before going to the bathroom. I lay back on the bed and pinched the temple of my head to ease the headache.

It had probably been 10 minutes since Draco left to get ready. He would take more time and I supposed I could take a few minutes for a little nap.

•••

Draco POV

"Why is she not waking up yet? The hell you're doing to my girlfriend woman?!" I snapped at Madam Pomfrey in the hospital wing.

I was freaking out. I only left her for 15 or 20 minutes and when I came back she had already unconscious on the bed. I thought she was just sleeping at first but no matter how hard I tried to shake her to wake her up, nothing worked. Did she faint because of hunger? Was it my fault?

"Relax Mr Malfoy, she needs some rest," Madam Pomfrey spoke.

"Don't tell me what to do, you nitwit! Just tell me what makes her like this?"

"Mind your words, Mr Malfoy," she warned. Bold of her to say that to me, just wait until my father heard about this.

"Maybe if you have reminded your little missy when to eat and sleep, she wouldn't be here at this stage," she said while walking away from Y/N's ward.

"And perhaps you would want to donate some blood for her too," she added before leaving completely out of my sight.

What the hell does she mean by that?

I dragged a chair to sit next to Y/N's bed. I tucked in some of her hair behind her ear so I could have a better view of her angelic face. She looked pale and her hand was as cold as the snow. She was so excited about the date and asking me questions about it all night before I went to sleep yesterday. She even wore a new dress for me today. Why did this have to happen on Valentine's day where we were supposed to have fun and lovely time together?

Screw Valentine's date, I just wanted to see her waking up right now.

I had waited for her to wake up for hours. It was almost time for dinner and I was starting to worry even more. She said she was starving this morning and yet she was still unconscious without having any meals right now. Negative thoughts raced to my mind. I didn't want to lose her just because of a hunger problem. I had almost lost her that day in her manor and I felt like dying already. I would never be able to handle myself if I lost her today.

I touched her forehead, it was burning. Her eyes squinted lightly and I was extremely happy that finally, she was making a progress. Was she going to wake up soon?

"It's all right, love. It's me," I whispered softly to her ear. Out of a sudden, she opened her eyes widely and sat straight up which made me stumbled back a little. Just like what happened in the manor the day she tried to hurt herself.

"Oh no, why am I here? What about the date? What time is it?" She panicked.

"Calm down Y/N. We can always have a date another time. It's almost dinner and you've passed out for hours," I explained calmly. "I'm glad that you finally wake up."

She looked confused and her breath was still unstable. I held both of her hands and squeezed it as a form of comforting. She winced a little before looking away nervously, avoiding my eyes. I squeezed her hands again just to make sure if what I saw earlier was real. She flinched again and let out a low hiss. What was wrong here? I quickly took a better look at her hands but she pulled it away immediately.

"Does it hurt?" I questioned.

"No," she lied. What was she hiding from me?

"Let me see your hands then," I forcefully grabbed her hands.

"Y/N, what is this? Did you hurt yourself?" I asked as calmly as possible when I spotted some cuts which she obviously tried to cover using a spell. However, the spell was starting to wear off and I was in luck that I got to see this now.

"How long have you been hiding this from me Y/N?"

She stayed quiet, still avoiding my gaze.

"Answer me Y/N," I ordered as the tone of my voice raised a bit.

Some people barged into the hospital wing and quickly dashed in, approaching us. It was none other than her stupid Gryffindor friends; Scarhead, Weasel-bee and the Mudblood Granger.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed.

"We hear tha–"

"Get out."