15| A Basilisk

Y/N POV

"Y/N are you okay?" Harry asked, helping me to get up.

I nodded then he climbed the rock wall, that had just formed up, to ask if Ron was okay. I followed him and ask the same thing to Draco.

Harry told them to move the rocks while we were going to save Ginny. I didn't have any other choice at that time so I agreed.

"I don't take any order from you, Potter!" Draco spat.

"Draco please," I begged.

"Fine, I'm doing it for you," he replied.

"If she's hurt, I'm gonna kill you Potter!" He added, threatening Harry.

"You're not gonna kill anyone," I replied instead of Harry.

With that, I followed Harry to find and save Ginny. We walked in silence cause we weren't actually that close, in fact, we weren't even friends.

"Uh...so is Malfoy like your boyfriend?" He asked.

"No, he's only my best friend. Besides, we're only 12. Not the best time for something like that," I replied casually.

It was dark but I believed that I saw a smile formed on his face after I said that. How could he smile in a situation like this?

We came across a snake door, very Slytherin, indeed. Harry spoke in Parseltongue and the door slowly opened. Was he really the heir of Slytherin?

We saw Ginny lying on the ground as soon as the door fully opened. Harry ran to her while I followed him at my normal pace, trying to scan the place.

"She won't wake up," someone blurted.

I held my wand up, ready to attack. It was just a Slytherin kid, but I had never seen him before. Never around the dorm or the school. Very suspicious.

For some idiotic reason, Harry left his wand on the ground. The Slytherin boy, who Harry addressed as Tom, picked it up and refused to give it back to Harry.

"Give him back his wand," I yelled as I pointed my wand to him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, sweetheart," he said with the most annoying smile a person could have.

He snatched my wand in just a second! Great, I was as wandless as Harry now.

Tom thought it was the right time to reveal the truth about who opened the Chamber of Secrets. Ginny did it. Of course, under Tom's influence.

The two boys kept talking about something I didn't really understand. First, it was about Ginny and Tom's diary, then the blood message and somehow it ended with how anxious Tom was to meet Harry.

After a long conversation between the both of them in which they ignored me all along, Tom started writing in the air using Harry's wand. It was just his full name at first, not so long until the letter started switching place.

I AM LORD VOLDEMORT

We were so dead. The most powerful dark wizard versus 2 second-year students and 1 unconscious first-year. Harry was the chosen one, but he was still a kid. How would we win the fight?

Suddenly a phoenix came flying towards Harry and passed him the sorting hat. Thank Lord, I hadn't destroyed it yet.

Tom called the Basilisk using Parseltongue and ordered it to attack us. He ignored me earlier and now decided to include me as the target? If he weren't You-Know-Who, I would've kicked him in the groin right now.

"Y/N watch out!" Harry shouted when the Basilisk went for me.

I managed to pull to another side before it got to attack me. The phoenix came back and it helped to attack the Basilisk until it became blind.