28| Crush

Y/N POV

I made it to the Quidditch match with Draco and his dad. I wore the white gold snake ring with a pair of Dresden green on its eyes that Draco gifted me for my birthday. He was glad that I liked it. I supposed it was a friendship ring, I remembered him having a snake ring too and he was wearing it now.

We entered the stadium. It was full of people, well what would I expect? It was the world cup indeed. I wondered where I would be seated as the one who brought me here was the Malfoys. They better got me some decent seat without annoying people around.

"Blimey, dad! How far up are we?" Someone blurted. The voice sounded familiar, I looked up and found the Weasleys with Harry and Hermione in the stadium too.

"Well, put it this way. If it rains, you'll be the first to know," Draco's dad yelled, mocking the Weasleys.

"Father and I are in the minister's box. By personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself!" Draco exclaimed with his smug smile.

"And look who's coming with me, Potter," he added, holding my hand up to show them. What the hell was he doing?

Ron was my friend and the Weasleys' dad was my dad's colleague. There was no reason for me to hate them like the Malfoys. I smiled at them which they returned shortly.

"Don't boast Draco," his dad warned, hitting Draco's chest lightly with his snake cane.

"There's no need with these people," he added.

Harry looked at me with a look I couldn't identify what the meaning was. They almost turned around to continue walking to their seats when Draco's dad stopped Harry from doing so, again, using his walking stick. Wasn't that a bit harsh?

"Do enjoy yourself, won't you?" He sneered.

"While you can," he added before walking away and I followed him with Draco behind.

During the match, I couldn't stop thinking about the last three words Draco's dad had said to Harry. While you can? Did he mean something will happen that makes Harry couldn't enjoy later? I studied Draco's dad's expression. He seemed to be having something in mind with that uneasy look on his face. Just when I was about to observe more, he got up and told Draco to bring me back home.

"What happened Draco? Why are we going home? The match would've finished in a few minutes, don't you want to see the results?" I bombarded him with questions.

"I don't know Y/N, but we have to listen to what my father says. Now please, stick with me and maybe don't ask too many questions, also," he answered.

"Can we go back to my house instead of yours?" I asked.

"Sure, I'd love that," he smiled.

We arrived at my manor using apparition. Mom asked why we were back at home so fast. I mean we were talking about the Quidditch world cup, it sure would last longer. I let Draco explained it to her because I, myself, had no idea why we were going home this early either.

•••

People on the train were talking about the attack in the Quidditch world cup. Was that why Draco's dad wanted us to go back home? But the attack happened after the match. How did he know?

"Stop having that serious look," Draco ruffled my hair as he took a seat beside me.

"What were you thinking?" He asked.

"Something serious, duh," I replied.

"Why don't you start thinking about something less serious?"