115| A Furtive Sleepover

Y/N POV

Slughorn paid me a visit on my second day here. From the look on his face, I knew how concerned he was. He asked if I brought the coin with me or not and that was the period of me venting everything out. A day wouldn't be enough if Draco didn't interject me from going off ways of the main story to tell.

Thousands of hows and whys weren't exactly answered. However, now I knew that the coin made a barrier from people because I kind of hated all of them at that moment and the reason Cormac wasn't affected was somehow that I wanted him to die so bad and the coin knew I was able to actually kill him right there, all by myself.

Then Slughorn also told me it needed time and practice for me to utilise the coin to the utmost. He believed there were more to unfold behind this little piece of gold. That was a problem to worry about later though.

Those were busy days. Teachers and some students stopped by in turns just to ask and see if I was doing fine. It was exhausting and I could understand why I hated people so much when I was younger.

Dumbledore, the daft old man, turned out to be just like what Draco always described him to be. A biased play teacher, a little overproud grandpa of Harry, an unreliable person if we talked about the law and he was primarily dull when I brought sexual harassment to our discussion about the cause of my injuries.

It did feel like I was losing one brain cell as a second passed with him trying to connect my problem with anything that would lead to Harry, the chosen one—or maybe I should start addressing him as Dumbledore's secret grandkid.

Harry this and Harry that, God knew how much I wanted to scream at his face since he was only talking nonsense and bloody Potter had nothing to do with anything I needed to hear from him. But per my usual boring self, I decided not to meddle in or cut his sentence for no energy waste.

After I barely survived all the long talks and timeless hours of explanation about the law I never thought a Richards was supposed to abide by, Dumbledore ended the life extracting waffle with a solid no to my request of imprisoning Cormac and Pansy.

It left me to be in a bad mood all week.

As if my life couldn't get any worse, the fact that Draco was now not permitted to come around after dinner by the head nurse was the most upsetting thing that happened to me.

He wasn't exactly being forbidden though, it was only because the nurse didn't pine for anything romantic about the situation recurring in the ward and she desired more to be grasped in a quiet ambience while healing people.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I couldn't decide which fitted better; my fiance didn't complain again, knowing I wouldn't get my treatment done if he did.

Even so, he still came and sat to hear me rant about anything for something like ages, several times in a day, during his free times from studying and working out. But that was all about it, Madam Pomfrey didn't allow him to stay for more than 2 hours in one visit.

I found it quite ridiculous that Madam Pomfrey didn't say anything when Blaise and Theo intentionally skipped their class by watching me as an evasion. I wasn't complaining about their companion, I just thought that mayhap the head nurse was playing favourites here.

"This is your homework from yesterday," Theo placed a small pile of parchments on the nightstand. "And there's a letter from Mrs Malfoy for you."

Oh, I miss Mother Cissy's letters.

"I pray for you to get well soon, but really, I still need this as an excuse to skip that old cat animagus' class," Blaise exhaled joyfully, "forgive me if it takes longer for you to heal."